Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Indianapolis; Club Floor Access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
Westin Indianapolis; Club Floor Access

I am due to stay at the Westin Indianapolis this week for 5 nights. I have booked a room that is categorized as a Suite with 590 square feet and a curve around window. It is the largest of the rooms that they offer according to the website (just short of a grand suite that has a table and meeting room included). This stay is for a National Convention of Catholics that has the entire area booked up full for over 200,000 participants.

I am a Delta Platinum Medallion member and a frequent guest at Westin, Starwood hotels, and at Sheraton and other hotels in this network but I do not have any superior status with them yet.

I tried to find this level of room on the Club Floor (Executive Floor) so that I could have access to the Executive Lounge, but when I booked this room over 8 months ago, there were no such rooms available on the dates I needed.

I was wondering if, upon check in at the Starwood Preferred Counter in the Lobby, anyone might know if I would have any luck in gaining access to the Club Lounge (even if I am on a different floor in my existing reservation and room) by:

a) asking for Club Lounge access and explaining that I could not get a reservation for this type room (at over $ 350 a night) when I tried to book it?

b) asking if I can pay a per diem for access to the Club Lounge even though I am not on the Executive Lounge floors and use the same line of argument?

If necessary, should I ask to speak to a manager about this?

My total bill, at this point, is going to be $ 1,600 just for the room. I am not using a convention rate or any type of discounted room rate.

If anyone has any thoughts or experiences with SPG and Club Level Access, I'd appreciate the insights. Thanks so much!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Usually the suites allow club access, but just call/e-mail the hotel and they can clarify.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Plat,HHonors Gold, Leader - Leading Hotels of the World
I am a SPG platinum staying at the hotel right now. The Club Floor is closed for renovation through December. There are no evening canapes or cocktails available anywhere else, but platinums do get a free breakfast coupon for the $15 hot/cold buffet at Shula's steakhouse, which was pretty good this morning.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Lufthansa M&M FTL, FlyingBlue, Air Berlin Top Bonus
here it says that the suites include Westin Executive Club Lounge access
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=1033
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Plat,HHonors Gold, Leader - Leading Hotels of the World
Originally Posted by tillephone
here it says that the suites include Westin Executive Club Lounge access
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=1033
Yes, if the executive club were open but it isn't. The entire 14th and 15th floors are closed for renovation. They just closed down for remodeling as I was on the Exceutive floor just a few weeks ago. As I said, I am presently staying at the hotel. I would think that is about as certain as you are going to get without talking directly to the hotel staff. If your room has any perks associated with it, as far as I can see being a platinum with spg, they are only offering the breakfast buffet at Shula's steakhouse which is quite good. ^^
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
Thanks so very much for the info, especially regarding the renovations and construction work. Since I am a light sleeper, I'll ask not to be above/below those floors. The comments about the floors being closed now explains why I could not book (online) the room on the Club Floors via the SPG or Westin websites for those days. I even had my Travel Agent try (although she did not explain to me why she could not find those room on those floors but she did find the Suite on another floor).

As I mentioned, the Indy Westin website does say that all the rooms above a standard room do include the lounge and the breakfast in the price of the room (or at least the one I was able to get to through Westin.com) in the description of the rooms.

Thanks again for all your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.