Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

WWYD? Stepped in urine in my suite at the St Regis Abu Dhabi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WWYD? Stepped in urine in my suite at the St Regis Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 6:17 pm

Seems to me like the OP got everything he asked for, and more. (Cleaning, laundering staying in the suite, some compted food, three sets of apologies...) Even though nobody, including the OP, really knows for sure whether is was piss or spilt rug cleaner.

If I was the property, I would have assumed the OP was satisfied with the response.

Cheers,
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I would ask for compensation. This is truly disgusting. Only thing worse would be crap or vomit. I would have totally blown a gasket.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
To clarify - when I wrote I tried to resolve this issue directly with the hotel I did request point compensation in my second e-mail to the GM to which he hasn't replied. The amount I requested is worth 1 night at this category hotel.

It is highly unlikely I would ever stay at that property after this incident as there are many other great hotels for a lot less in the area.

Sadly, having owned domestic dogs I know all about getting my socks wet...
Old Oct 22, 2013, 8:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by remymartin
To clarify - when I wrote I tried to resolve this issue directly with the hotel I did request point compensation in my second e-mail to the GM to which he hasn't replied. The amount I requested is worth 1 night at this category hotel.

It is highly unlikely I would ever stay at that property after this incident as there are many other great hotels for a lot less in the area.

Sadly, having owned domestic dogs I know all about getting my socks wet...
You think you're entitled to one nights worth of points after you decided to stay in the room?

I would give you anything but a kind response. If the room was so offensive, you would not have a agreed to stay in. IMO, your request doesn't make sense and I can't take you serious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.