Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[ENDED 01 Aug 2018] SPG Hot Escapes [which replace Starpicks and beatthetimer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Listings of the hotels participating in the weekly SPG Hot Escapes promotion can be seen here.
Print Wikipost

[ENDED 01 Aug 2018] SPG Hot Escapes [which replace Starpicks and beatthetimer]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Sheraton Heathrow is listed this week. YAY !

Though a search using "Heathrow" doesn't find it, and there's some more examples of screwy pricing : looking at 20 Nov, lowest prepaid is USD223, the Hot 20% off is correct at USD178, but the price after taking the additional 5% member discount is showing as USD127. Whilst it's nice that members are getting a better-than-advertised deal, it doesn't do much to inspire confidence in the Hot Escapes pricing regime.
Rates have changed overnight, Hot Escapes shows :

was USD223 now USD178 SPG Member rate USD126

but when you click through to the calendar, most of the dates are showing and bookable as USD82. So we've now got an additional error where you'll be required to click through every Hot Escapes hotel to see if there's any better rates lurking underneath.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
Also, Le Meridien Nuremberg is showing as a discount of 19%. I know it will be a fraction below 20%, but you can't advertise a discount from a certain level and then go below it. In the UK, I doubt that the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) would look kindly upon it should it be brought to their attention.
That particular issue has been resolved, by the simple device of removing the "20% savings" claim from the frontpage.

I also notice the Hot start time has been amended from "12:01am Local on Wednesday" to

"Website goes live every Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. Shanghai Time / 11:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time / 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time"

Is Shanghai (GMT + 8) coming up an hour later ?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:30 am

Well, it's up, rather earlier than advertised, and finding properties has gone from bad to worse : the "Show All" option has been removed.

It's nice to see the Turnberry resort included this week. Though, given it's probably Starwoods most iconic golf property, why doesn't show in the "Golf" filter ?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Current issue is that the site won't allow you to see the full list of properties in list form. Even using http://www.spghotescapes.com/all which tells me that there are 123 properties this week, it still only displays 5 hotels with no option to see the rest.

Not sure if it is an issue in Chrome, or the site as a whole, but a poor error.

It's a shame that the site is getting worse, not better. As others have said earlier, this really should not be in the live environment as it isn't exactly reputation enhancing. For all of the occasional quirks of Starpicks and BTT, they did at least work. I hope the team behind it get this working properly soon.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:27 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I was looking at it on my iPhone this morning and had the impression that all of the properties where shown. I did not count if it was 123, but it was definitely many dozens. Using Safari I get a similar result with your link. At first it only shows a few, but if you scroll down it adds more.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I just looked at it with Chrome and it shows all hotels. It starts with 5-6, but if you scroll down it will add more hotels as you scroll.

I'm frustrated with the rates not being available, or only being available on only one night out of the next 4-5 weeks for many of the hotels I checked.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Looks like another bug. If you enter a city that starts with a S (e.g. Stockholm), you get the following message: We have 0 deals available in %s. I believe this used to be working.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
151 destinations now...
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by BayAreaTraveler
Looks like another bug. If you enter a city that starts with a S (e.g. Stockholm), you get the following message: We have 0 deals available in %s. I believe this used to be working.
Not quite so; San Antonio generates a normal response, so it is something besides just cities that start with S.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Strange that the Sheraton Duesseldorf airport is not (and has never been) on the list. It used to be available pretty much every day of the year for 88 Euro in the good old BTT days ...
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Same with Sheraton Malpensa.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:11 am

Stockholm isn't featured this week. It gives that faulty error message for any "nothing found" search.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Stockholm isn't featured this week. It gives that faulty error message for any "nothing found" search.
Never mind. This seems to be happening for all one word cities with no results.

EDIT: Not quite, it works properly for Vienna.

Last edited by BayAreaTraveler; Nov 6, 2013 at 10:45 am
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:47 am

It's odd.

Seattle gives "We have 0 deals available in Seattle"

Sydney gives "We have 0 deals available in %s."

+1.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Now 190 + " view all deals " is back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.