Wiki Posts
Search

Best NYC Hotel for Platinum Stays in Feb

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG PLT, AA ExPlt
Best NYC Hotel for Platinum Stays in Feb

Going into the city for work for about 4 days in Feb and wondering which hotel is the best bang for your buck for a SPG Plat. Cost isn't a huge issue as work is paying for up to $350 a night but can't do the Chatwal or W Union Sq either.

Any thoughts for something near midtown?

Knowing that a 4 Pts wouldn't be as valuable wondering if any Plats have had a great experience at any of the ones recently.

Thanks!

M
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does the location of the Elements work for you? How about outside of Manhattan, for example Brooklyn (aloft)? Business neighborhoods can have good rates on weekends, but I suspect your stay is during the week. I've been pleased recently with the W Union Square (several times), W Downtown, W on Lex and Sheraton SoHo in that order, but be prepared to ask for (minimal) upgrades. Regular rooms can be very small.

Some seem to like the redone huge convention Sheraton at about 50th and Sixth, but I hate that style of hotel unless I must be there for a big meeting.

Another idea would be the Sheraton LGA East (Flushing), with airport shuttle service and almost on top of a good subway station in a Chinese neighborhood. It's considered to treat Plats well, but this was not true on my one stay.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:29 am

Sheraton at 7th Ave and 53rd Street does have a very large platinum lounge which offers standards like coffee, tea, fruits, light snacks, etc. Also good views of NYC.

I stayed at Westin Grand Central recently. Fine rooms, but overall platinum experience / recognition was minimal.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:15 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, MR Platinum, DL Platinum Medallion, CO Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents, Hertz #1 Gold
Best (and most consistent) Plat upgrade success in the area is at W Hoboken. Nearly always upgraded to Fantastic Suite. 650sqft 1br/1.5ba with balcony and amazing city views. Stayed there every week for over a year and missed this 2-3 times. Commute to the city by train or ferry is quick and easy, plus rooms are cheaper.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by milkchug
Going into the city for work for about 4 days in Feb and wondering which hotel is the best bang for your buck for a SPG Plat. Cost isn't a huge issue as work is paying for up to $350 a night but can't do the Chatwal or W Union Sq either.

Any thoughts for something near midtown?

Knowing that a 4 Pts wouldn't be as valuable wondering if any Plats have had a great experience at any of the ones recently.

Thanks!

M

There is a whole master thread for New York City: NYC Starwood properties [Master Thread]
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Personally, I have never missed an upgrade at the Westin Times Square, including when I've stayed on cash, cash/points, and free night on all points.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Who's going to be the first to dare to offer up the Le Parker Meridien?!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.