Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

What happens to SPG points when a return is made

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

I have transferred nearly all of the points from SPG account to miles at AP for the bonus under current promotion. I have an item that needs to be returned and refunded. This will make the SPG point account balance negative. What happens in this situation.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Question moved to the Starwood forum because this is the primary discussion venue for all SPG topics, including credit cards.

Points earned with the SPG credit card are automatically transferred to Starwood at the end of each card billing cycle. Do you expect to have a credit balance at the end of the next cycle?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:05 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I think the negative balance will be in the CC point balance. So you won't see more Starpoints transferred into SPG until the CC spend back fills the points.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

I expect next statement to show a negative credit balance
Old Aug 20, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I have transferred nearly all of the points from SPG account to miles at AP for the bonus under current promotion. I have an item that needs to be returned and refunded. This will make the SPG point account balance negative. What happens in this situation.
Amex did pull back points from my SPG account once due to return. In my case, the SPG account has enough points there.

I do not know what happens when your SPG account balance goes to negative. Maybe it turns into a huge positive number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.