Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels without C&P nights...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Hotels without C&P nights...

Just noticed a favorite hotel does not offer C&P nights for many months. I think it is very strange since one of the advantages of being SPG is this C&P. I recieved a mail from SPG a hotel can decide not to offer C&P nights. I think its very strange when the hotel participates in the SPG and one could expect the advantages of being SPG!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Yeah, some hotels choose not to participate in Cash & Points. There's all kinds of rates and promos and conditions that a hotel might or might not choose to offer.

A promo allows a property to offer a special rate, if it feels it's in its best interests to do so.

Who are we to tell a hotel they have to offer this rate?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by claes059
Just noticed a favorite hotel does not offer C&P nights for many months. I think it is very strange since one of the advantages of being SPG is this C&P. I recieved a mail from SPG a hotel can decide not to offer C&P nights. I think its very strange when the hotel participates in the SPG and one could expect the advantages of being SPG!
This has been discussed here ad nauseam. Hotels are required to load the C+P rate plan, but they are not required to offer the nights. If the business is strong and they can fill the hotel with guests paying the regular price, why would they offer discounted rates through C+P?

This is just intelligent form of discounting. Nothing else. It is offered when the hotel is not expecting to fill up the rooms on regular rates.

I wold encourage to check the C+P availability periodically. Sometimes it opens up just shortly before.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry305
Yeah, some hotels choose not to participate in Cash & Points. There's all kinds of rates and promos and conditions that a hotel might or might not choose to offer.

A promo allows a property to offer a special rate, if it feels it's in its best interests to do so.

Well, since a few years I was starting to use C&P and I now I like it so much!Its a very nice option of SPG. Ofcourse we cannot a tell a hotel to offer this, but it seems strange when the SPG programm offers it as a benifit one cannot book it for months.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by holtju2
If the business is strong and they can fill the hotel with guests paying the regular price, why would they offer discounted rates through C+P? Well, for the sake of SPG who need it!
This is just intelligent form of discounting. Nothing else. It is offered when the hotel is not expecting to fill up the rooms on regular rates.

I wold encourage to check the C+P availability periodically. Sometimes it opens up just shortly before.
Thanks for the advice. I already do this and hope I can book it for my long stay!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta: Platinum, Turkish: Gold (Star Alliance Gold); HHonors: Gold; Hyatt: Plat; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by claes059
Thanks for the advice. I already do this and hope I can book it for my long stay!
You mentioned "long stay".

Keep in mind that C&P may be offered on certain days at the hotel, but if you put the start and end day of your "long stay" and if it is not offered on even 1 day in the duration, you will see no results for C&P.

You can use the calendar feature to see if it is offered on part of your long stay and thereby benefit from it.

All the best!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by id9795
You mentioned "long stay".

Keep in mind that C&P may be offered on certain days at the hotel, but if you put the start and end day of your "long stay" and if it is not offered on even 1 day in the duration, you will see no results for C&P.

You can use the calendar feature to see if it is offered on part of your long stay and thereby benefit from it.

All the best!
thanks for your advice. I noticed the option in the calender, it gives an overview for some months if a C&P night or awardnights are available. I only need a few nights for this long stay and truly hope the hotel will offer this...
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
ummm, the paying customer??? being a member of starwood???
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrredskin
ummm, the paying customer??? being a member of starwood???
I agree!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
While a paying guest/program member can certainly encourage or influence property behavior via $$$ and feet, I'm pretty sure we don't have the power to tell them what they "have to" do.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Cash & Points is a promo.

The hotel offers promos when it feels it's appropriate. Promos aren't entitlements.

I agree that this has been discussed in other threads.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Cash & Points is a promo.

The hotel offers promos when it feels it's appropriate. Promos aren't entitlements.

I agree that this has been discussed in other threads.
I do not think C&P is a promo. C&P is one of the benefits of the SPG programm.
Its one of the redeem options of SPG. If a Starwood hotel would not offer redeem options what is the use of SPG and points if one cannot use them.

Well, I will have a look on other threads now with this subject. I do think times have changed since SPG has implemented so many improvements of the programm though!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Cash and points has always been at the option of the property, and has never been available for all properties, at all times.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have often asked the property to offer me a c&p rate even when its not available online....while the property is well within its right to refuse, i have noticed that quite often they agree to offer the rate....
Old Apr 24, 2012, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
i have often asked the property to offer me a c&p rate even when its not available online....while the property is well within its right to refuse, i have noticed that quite often they agree to offer the rate....
Thats true, it happened to me a few times during a short stay in other Starwood hotels. However now this property decided not to offer C&P nights! Bad luck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.