Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Starwood in Waikiki for late departure?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Best Starwood in Waikiki for late departure?

So we are going on a somewhat Mileage and Mattress Run to Waikiki (3 nights) - we have the red-eye back on a Sunday night and definitely want to shower before heading to airport. I don't expect/need a late check-out but need to be sure to have a hotel that has either a gym with showers or something so we can wash off the sand and sunscreen before leaving for the airport. Which property would be best?

Thanks,

SF1K
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:07 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
The secret is to book an extra night, so you know you won't lose your room.

I usually stay five nights at the Royal Hawaiian, and book a room at the Sheraton next door on Cash and Points to overlap the last RH night and cover the departure night the following day.

That way we don't pay too much extra, and can enjoy the facilities continuously. And we get two nights' use of the Sheraton's lounge, which covers breakfast, drinks and an evening snack before departure.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:17 pm

All hotels with pools have showers. Just ask the hotel to store your luggage and ask if it is ok to stay around the pool until late. I have never had a problem doing this, even when I didn't have status.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i think tbe question is which hotel has day use rooms..
I never had a problem to get one at hyatt but i am not sure about spg.
Another option would be to buy spa facility pass - again no experience with spg in hnl but normally those are $20-30 and definitely worth it in op's situation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.