Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Promo : SPG member discount at over 800 Restaurants and Bars worldwide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:52 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Just received this email:

Announcing SPG Restaurants & Bars program.
[Nice images]
Click here to learn more: http://www.spgrestaurantsandbars.com..._GLOBAL_EN_GLO

But the landing page doesn't seem to work. Is this just SPG hotel-affiliated restaurants and bars? Or is this associated with the Rewards Dining network?

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, KF Silver
website's getting slammed....
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
The site is working very slowly at present, but so far it just seems like a rebranding of the little-known starpoints for dining at hotel restaurants benefit rather than something that's brining in non-hotel restaurants. Which would be welcome, as most hotels have no idea of how to post this. Also a 10% to 30%discount, which certainly makes them more attractive as dining destinations.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Only managed to open the Terms & Conditions.

http://www.spgrestaurantsandbars.com...GLOBAL_EN_EAME

Excerpts:

* Offer is valid at participating restaurants and bars at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts
* Percentage discount varies by participating restaurant and bar. Please visit www.spg.com/restaurantsandbars to see applicable discount for each participating restaurant and bar.
* Discount is not applicable to breakfast or on alcoholic beverages.
* Offer valid from March 27, 2012 - June 30, 2012.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, KF Silver
tbh i dont really care about the discount... care more about how many points i'll be getting.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thread here.

Around the World in 5 Meals

I registered this morning with no issues.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thread here.

Different promo.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:07 pm
jey

So how do you get the points - give the server your starwood number when you pay the bill? How many points do you earn per dollar spent? Can't find any information on this...
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ENIAC
The site is working very slowly at present, but so far it just seems like a rebranding of the little-known starpoints for dining at hotel restaurants benefit
Except that nowhere on the SPG Restaurants & Bars program site does it mention the current policy that it should work at all participating SPG hotel restaurants.

In the whole Los Angeles area, they only list 3 hotels. None of the ones anywhere in Orange County for example. (I did a search on Anaheim and they claimed no hotels near Anaheim participate. Yet there are at least 3 Sheratons in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area, and more elsewhere in Orange County!) Is the benefit now really limited to that few hotels?

Very confusing if it's the same thing, to have the website imply it only works at a fraction of the hotels that have restaurants, when here we seem to have been told that it should work at most of them.

So it is it (partial) promotion of this benefit, and the fuller benefit remains? Or has the benefit suddenly been scaled down to a smaller number of SPG hotels???
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Thumbs up to SPG for giving points for dining only ^

The restaurants in London all look pretty decent.

I will be trying all 4 of them, hopefully before the end of this offer
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thread here.

Not quite the same thing. That's a promo. Now, that promo is mentioned on the SPG Restaurants & Bars website. But the SPG Restaurant & Bars website goes far beyond the promo. (And it doesn't seem like it was put up just for the promo. And the email didn't start by focusing only on the promo.)

(The promo is for a sweeptakes, and I don't care about sweepstakes. I care about the ongoing benefit of earning SPG points by dining at SPG hotels you're not staying at, and this email only confuses, not clarifies, that ongoing benefit.)
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
So it is it (partial) promotion of this benefit, and the fuller benefit remains? Or has the benefit suddenly been scaled down to a smaller number of SPG hotels???
Pretty clearly, the promo is 10 - 30% discounts at select restauarants and bars. Not sure how that could be read as an implication that you won't earn points at other locations.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:07 pm
Suspended

(Perhaps a Lurker could post details to relieve the wonky website...)

Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:31 pm
BCH
Original Poster

But how does one get the discount? Do we show the SPG card?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Just like you would get starpoints from dining - show your card and get an SPG receipt to sign.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.