Wiki Posts
Search

Tianjin, China?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Tianjin, China?

Don't find much information about this on FT (except the Astor Hotel) - even though there are 5-6 SPG properties in the city...

Did anyone stay here recently? Any recommandation on which hotel to choose?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Will be here in mid October (after the National day golden week), any recommended properties for 3 nights? I'll probably do 1 nighters just to get stay credit.

Just here for some R&R, not sure if I should spend a night in Beijing as well....
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Stayed at the Westin Tianjin last year, and would say that it's of a lower standard than other Westins I've stayed at.

I arrived on a rainy evening and got no help with shelter or luggage out of the car.

The room wasn't clean at check in. There was a brownish stain on the toilet seat rim. No cotton buds provided as part of the toilet amenities.

Selection of food for breakfast was not as wide as what I've seen in, say, the Westin Shanghai Bund or Beijing Chaoyang.

On a positive note, the FD and phone staff were efficient and polite.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond, SPG Plat, Accor Gold
I would recommend the St Regis, at least when I was there the last time the service there was excellent and the rooms are still new. In addition, it is within walking distance from the Tianjin Railway Station (right across the bridge) if you're coming over from Beijing via HSR that is... The Astor on the other hand have a rich history and will be appropriate for a stay if you intend to pay a visit to their museum.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I stayed at the St. Regis last year and was very happy with it. Rooms were nice, but finish was not quite up to standards of a luxury hotel, but was right for the price we paid. Rate was less than the Westin and the Astor! Not sure if its that way always or we just got lucky.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:10 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
The Astor is really nice, if you are plat and get upgraded they have some fantastic suites. It is an old hotel with a bit of history, so you will find a lot more character than a typical chain branded property. Great bar, its own museum and the oldest working elevator in China! Located on Tianjin's version of the Shanghai Bund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.