Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: Personal Ambassador for Platinum members with 100 nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion: Personal Ambassador for Platinum members with 100 nights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RogerD408
No, we don't nor does MR. But then we don't need a card. Carrying a card is so 1900's. Every FDC has access to our accounts, so any on-site benefits (24-hour, late check-out) can be granted.
Right, but that's not my point.
My point was that if it were a legit tier of status, we'd get cards with Platinum Ambassador on it instead of just plain vanilla Platinum or Lifetime Platinum.
But hey, if I'm wrong and it really is a legit status tier of SPG, then I'm all for it. No complaints there!
That's all.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
No, we don't nor does MR. But then we don't need a card. Carrying a card is so 1900's. Every FDC has access to our accounts, so any on-site benefits (24-hour, late check-out) can be granted.
Front desk agents only see that you are Platinum, irrespective if you are Platinum50, Platinum75 or Platinum100. Sure, they have access to your SPG account and if they do dig into it, they can see that you are Platinum with Ambassador. However, most FDA are too lazy to do so. For large Starwood hotels, there can be hundreds of check ins daily. Most won't spend more than the necessary 30 seconds to review your reservation.
broadwayboy likes this.

Last edited by TerryK; Apr 15, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: American ExPlat SPG Plat
In 2017 I stayed w/ SPG over 180 nights, achieving Ambassador status sometime over the summer. Thus far I have been underwhelmed with what my ambassador has provided. I travel weekly, usually for work, sometimes for pleasure, and in the ~30 weeks with an ambassador I cannot tell you anything they have provided of value that a simple Google search could not accomplish. I have not reached out often to them for assistance, maybe 3-5 times, and they never came through on pulling strings or getting anything done that I could not do. The extent of my requests were typically asking for priority on early check-in. On one occasion my hotel was impacted by a water main break and I asked to have alternative arrangements made since my hotel was without water for 12+ hours and got zero help from my ambassador.

In short, Ambassador status means jack squat to me. Plat75 is more meaningful IMO.
broadwayboy likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:11 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by TerryK
Front desk agents only see that you are Platinum, irrespective if you are Platinum50, Platinum75 or Platinum100. Sure, they have access to your SPG account and if they do dig into it, they can see that you are Platinum with Ambassador. However, most FDA are too lazy to do so. For large Starwood hotels, there can be hundreds of check ins daily. Most won't spend more than the necessary 30 seconds to review your reservation.
I don't know if this is universal, but Platinum Ambassadors are often called out on systems are separate to other Platinums. Front desk agents won't necessarily do anything with the detail, but it is differentiated.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Point is simple. LTP was in the checkin agent system when it was launched. Than they removed the information.

At checkin, they only see Plat. They can only find more about you if they decide to check ahead, or if your ambassador makes an effort to make sure they know your level. From past experience, this doesn’t happen most of the time.

So the big question is...what will the new system shows in the future?
If only plat...than all these discussions are irrelevant. As a plat would be exactly the same as a ltpp for a hotel that doesn’t care and don’t know you.

The big point is...what the new system will provide for info to the hotel!
Old May 21, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
I love my Ambassadors so much 😊

Wow my Ambassadors truly are a God sent! Checked in at the Sheraton Newfoundland and not only did they and the Hotel upgraded me to their largest Suite (where Queen Elizabeth stayed), but I also got a bottle of wine, balloons, chocolates, at least 2 dozen mineral water, and a "Surprise" tomorrow evening at the club lounge! They in the last 5 years have always went above and beyond in making each stay as memorable as possible with Suite upgrades, bottles of wine or Moet, and other surprises. It is like each time I enter my room, i feel like a little kid waiting to see what "Surprise" they have in store for me.

This Saturday I'd be "unofficially" a LTPP in the new program too so I wonder whats in store next from them two on my next stay in Montreal 😊. Super duper happy with the program! Thanks SPG for my Ambassadors!

unclepants and phltraveler like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by supatight80
Wow my Ambassadors truly are a God sent! Checked in at the Sheraton Newfoundland and not only did they and the Hotel upgraded me to their largest Suite (where Queen Elizabeth stayed), but I also got a bottle of wine, balloons, chocolates, at least 2 dozen mineral water, and a "Surprise" tomorrow evening at the club lounge! They in the last 5 years have always went above and beyond in making each stay as memorable as possible with Suite upgrades, bottles of wine or Moet, and other surprises. It is like each time I enter my room, i feel like a little kid waiting to see what "Surprise" they have in store for me.
Congrats!!!! Sounds like an excellent upgrade and great recognition by the hotel.

Curious, however, what makes you think your Ambassador had anything to do with this? Is this your ambassador coordinating this or is the GM who recognized your status and the fact you have been a repeat visitor at the hotel for the last five years?
Old May 21, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Congrats!!!! Sounds like an excellent upgrade and great recognition by the hotel.

Curious, however, what makes you think your Ambassador had anything to do with this? Is this your ambassador coordinating this or is the GM who recognized your status and the fact you have been a repeat visitor at the hotel for the last five years?
My first time in this hotel. Actually my first time in this part of Canada which is so beautiful btw. And because of the email I got from my Ambassador that they have a surprise for me. But of course i have to thank the GM too (and everyone here) since I got a hand written note from him.

What I meant was I have had my Ambassador for the last 5 years and she (they) always surprise me with something every month, like balloons for bf bday, wine and chocolate as break up therapy, etc.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
My first time in this hotel. Actually my first time in this part of Canada which is so beautiful btw. And because of the email I got from my Ambassador that they have a surprise for me. But of course i have to thank the GM too (and everyone here) since I got a hand written note from him.

What I meant was I have had my Ambassador for the last 5 years and she (they) always surprise me with something every month, like balloons for bf bday, wine and chocolate as break up therapy, etc.
I've had similar experiences as you with my ambassador.
And congrats on making LTP... welcome to the club!
Old May 21, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I've had similar experiences as you with my ambassador.
And congrats on making LTP... welcome to the club!
Exciting moments indeed!! Dont feel the pressure now for both LTP & LTPP! No more racing against time. Yeeeyy

Maybe we have the same ambassador!
Old May 21, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Exciting moments indeed!! Dont feel the pressure now for both LTP & LTPP! No more racing against time. Yeeeyy

Maybe we have the same ambassador!
Can you get my your ambassador?
mine cant even guarantee me a connecting room when I'm traveling with my son and his buddy (ie two minor children)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.