Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Third party much cheaper-and is available at a property with pkg only availibility

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Third party much cheaper-and is available at a property with pkg only availibility

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia

Looking at a very good rate on a third party site(linked to via Travelzoo)which is showing availability at a property which is listing only breakfast included rates on SPG.com

The third party rate includes parking and is also prepay so it is probably not eligible for a BRG challenge.

But I would really like to get SPG points/stay credit for this stay.

Is there anyway to negotiate with somebody at starwood or at the hotel to match this rate? Any suggesstion are welcome.
Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
No - I don't think so.

Why should the hotel, that sells the room for "cheap rate minus X USD" to the third party offer further benefits to you? You do not have any relation/contract with the hotel, only with the third party.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Third party prepaid rate could be a bulk rate contract. They may even have rooms available when the property is sold out.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
It doesn't hurt to contact the property and ask them to match it.
The worst is they refuse it.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:25 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Looking at a very good rate on a third party site(linked to via Travelzoo)which is showing availability at a property which is listing only breakfast included rates on SPG.com

The third party rate includes parking and is also prepay so it is probably not eligible for a BRG challenge.

But I would really like to get SPG points/stay credit for this stay.

Is there anyway to negotiate with somebody at starwood or at the hotel to match this rate? Any suggesstion are welcome.
Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:27 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Just do a best rate guarantee, book the hotel on the spg website and then within 24 hours submit a BRG claim detailing the third party, normally works, I find that 90% of the time spg rates are higher than say Expedia or Hotels.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.