Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie - Which airline to fly to London

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold
Newbie - Which airline to fly to London

My wife and I are planning to go to London England next April to visit our son who is studying there. I have 130000 Starwood points and 50000 Alaska points. I am thinking of transferring 80000 (65000 + 15000 bonus) Starwood points to American Airlines to get the least expensive travel for points. I am flying out of YLW which only has 3 airlines; Westjet, Air Canada, and Horizon / Alaska.

I have two questions:
1. If I transfer my points to AA will they allow me to fly out of YLW on points or do I need to fly with AC or Alaska?
2. Is there another option I should be considering? What would you do?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Looking at the Alaska mileage chart, it looks like you could book travel on AA for 40K per ticket, so you'd only need to get your Mileage Plan account up to 80K (transfer 25K + 5K bonus). You'd have to check to see if Alaska's awards allow mixed-carrier travel (Alaska to a gateway followed by AA to Europe).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.