Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Amex & Facebook: $40 statement credit for $100 Sheraton spend, US cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Amex & Facebook: $40 statement credit for $100 Sheraton spend, US cards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by littlemookie
I'm looking into booking a Starpicks rate which is under $100 before taxes but over $100 after taxes. Does a Starpicks rate book your card for the pretax or post tax rate?
I did a Westin SP $99 rate + = >$100 my hotel charged me once for the whole amount and the $40 credit posted today ^ so that was a $73 final price
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:19 am
Suspended

anyone think we can get both a $40 for Westin and 1 for Sheraton? the main thing would be not to do them both on the same statement, since its 1 credit per statement and making sure that which ever you do that you dont have another 1 at the same type of hotel that will be for <$100 that will post before the >$100 does, since it did say for your 1st stay, I took that to mean if I had stayed last Weds at a Westin and it was $91 ai and then I stayed on Thurs for>@$100 that the credit wouldnt come thru since my 1st stay wasnt the 1 that qualified

Since my stay was a night after my statement closed I must wait till Mid-Late Aug to test it out. Problem is I booked 2 SPs(>$100) Labor Day weekend last night so I will be very limited in time to score it
Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
You can have one statement credit per offer regardless of the statement period. If you have a qualifying purchase and stay within the promotional period for Sheraton and Westin, you get two statement credits for $40 each.

My Sheraton credit just posted. ^
Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I'd also like to know about the Four Points on the SPG Amex, I'm trying to plan a move from IAD to IAH in August, right now I have a 4points in one city, then a Sheraton and then the Westin in the same city (would prefer to stay in the same hotel)...who ever is staying at a 4points get back to us
stayed at a 4P last night and just checked into a Westin. Tonight I got an email from Amex literally before I had even put the credit card back in my wallet from checking in... but nothing last night. I'm not 100% sure it wasn't a coincidence and the email was from last night's stay, but based on other peoples' posts I'm thinking it's a no-go on the 4P and the email was from the preauth when checking in at the Westin. I'll know in a few days for sure
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
The only Starwood properties in the Amex promo are Westin Hotels & Resorts and Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, not Four Points by Sheraton.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:05 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by craz
anyone think we can get both a $40 for Westin and 1 for Sheraton?
Of course. They are two SEPARATE offers. Each is independent of the other. In fact, I just received a $40 credit for the Sheraton Brooklyn and another $40 credit for the Westin St. Francis in the same billing period.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
So I had a pre-paid rate of $52 a night at the Sheraton Dulles for two nights via Amex Gold and included a $75 stay credit which qualified for the offer. Final cost to me, nothing. Actually get $11 back. Whee!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Delta Diamond
Can I buy a gift card worth of $100 at one of these hotels lobbies and still get credit ?

Last edited by dongrilla; Aug 3, 2011 at 6:56 am
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
To, those who have received the credit, how many days after the charge posted on your AMEX did you have to wait before the $40 credit was applied?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by thehawk75
To, those who have received the credit, how many days after the charge posted on your AMEX did you have to wait before the $40 credit was applied?
One day:

07/29/2011 Fri AMERICAN EXPRESS COMNEW YORK NY -40.00
WESTIN ST. FRANCIS WSAN FRANCISCO CA 07/28/2011

07/28/2011 Thu WESTIN ST. FRANCIS WSAN FRANCISCO CA 552.48

07/23/2011 Sat AMERICAN EXPRESS COMNEW YORK NY -40.00
SHERATON BROOKLYN NEBROOKLYN NY 07/22/2011

07/22/2011 Fri SHERATON BROOKLYN NEBROOKLYN NY 151.53
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by dongrilla
Can I buy a gift card worth of $100 at one of these hotels lobbies and still get credit ?
No. Did you read the terms and conditions?

* "Offer valid when you book and stay at any Sheraton hotel or resort in North America between 7/18/11 and 8/31/11."

* "Offer valid when you book and stay at any Westin hotel or resort in North America between 7/18/2011 and 8/31/2011."
Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by DCBob
No. Did you read the terms and conditions?

* "Offer valid when you book and stay at any Sheraton hotel or resort in North America between 7/18/11 and 8/31/11."

* "Offer valid when you book and stay at any Westin hotel or resort in North America between 7/18/2011 and 8/31/2011."
Well I read them and have the same question. It doesn't say "book and stay and charge the stay to the Amex card".

I have to charge my room to my corporate card. I would be the gift card on my personal card.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Well I read them and have the same question. It doesn't say "book and stay and charge the stay to the Amex card".

I have to charge my room to my corporate card. I would be the gift card on my personal card.
You have to charge the room to the linked Amex card. That's what triggers the credit. As soon as that charge goes through, you get an email from Amex.

However, after re-reading the Terms and Conditions, I can see that you should technically get the $40 credit if you take the wording completely literally and charge the room to your corporate card PLUS buy a $100 gift card on your Amex. But that would be a very strained reading of the terms and conditions and obviously not what was intended.

But why not try the gift card charge and see if it works? Maybe Amex programming can't recognize the difference between a gift card and a room charge. But I doubt it.

Last edited by DCBob; Aug 3, 2011 at 4:20 pm
Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan

Why not try charging the GC to your room and paying that portion of the bill with your Amex, the rest with your company card?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:00 pm

Booking Pre-Paid Reservatons ...

About 1 1/2 weeks ago, I booked a prepaid stay for Mid-August to take advantage of this offer online. I received a confirmation e-mail but I can't view this reservation online and it hasn't been charged to my CC yet. When I called a rep 2 days ago, she told me that the $40 credit wouldn't apply because the charge won't post to my CC until after I check out!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.