FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   [NOW EXPIRED] PROMO: SPG Getaway Free (Earn May-July 2011) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1205830-now-expired-promo-spg-getaway-free-earn-may-july-2011-a.html)

tigerwong Apr 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Robinjoym (Post 16226644)
I don't feel like Starwood appreciates my business.

Really??? I'm sure they designed this promo specifically to irritate you.

TrojanHorse Apr 15, 2011 8:47 pm

add me to the it doesn't generate any big deal interest for me. It won't affect my stay patterns that is for sure, whatever I earn, I'll burn somewhere but I'm not looking for any resort stays this CY.

Barefootdr Apr 15, 2011 8:53 pm

domo arigato SPG

Barefootdr Apr 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by ldsant (Post 16226704)
It just amazes me how many people look a gift horse in the mouth. :td:
And for some to complain about a "gap" period for two weeks - seriously?!

Idsant...As usual, you save me typing time!

azepine00 Apr 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Not sure why so many are skeptical about this promo. Fees aside you get more than half year to use the nights, the earning rate is quite decent and SPG has plenty of resorts (apparently now including Four Points Ventura :rolleyes:) for weekend trip with or without family.

perpetual_wanderlust Apr 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks for this deal! Have been racking up the stays (10 in the past 60 days) so this will be a nice bonus.

sc flier Apr 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by perpetual_wanderlust (Post 16227281)
Thanks for this deal! Have been racking up the stays (10 in the past 60 days) so this will be a nice bonus.

Welcome to FlyerTalk, perpetual_wanderlust!

bradj Apr 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00 (Post 16227249)
Not sure why so many are skeptical about this promo. Fees aside you get more than half year to use the nights, the earning rate is quite decent and SPG has plenty of resorts (apparently now including Four Points Ventura :rolleyes:) for weekend trip with or without family.

Agreed, I've gone through every SPG resort on the list and only a few have the resort fee, mainly the US.

Doby Apr 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Love this promo. Hawaii here I come.:cool:

ryno Apr 15, 2011 10:14 pm

I just want to confirm that we have to hop and not check in and check out based on the T&C below:
An eligible stay toward earning a Free Resort Night Award is defined as one or more consecutive nights within the earning dates at any of the more than 1,000 hotels and resorts that participate in the SPG program, and must pay a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur

And, I would like to add that I am VERY happy with the promo!!!! I asked for this and for the st regis monarch beach to be included, and I actually got it!

But, before I go and start changing all my reservations up, I am relying on the community to make sure I understand it correctly :)

barelyelite Apr 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by ryno (Post 16227324)
I just want to confirm that we have to hop and not check in and check out based on the T&C below:
An eligible stay toward earning a Free Resort Night Award is defined as one or more consecutive nights within the earning dates at any of the more than 1,000 hotels and resorts that participate in the SPG program, and must pay a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur

You are correct if I understand you correctly. You can't check out of a hotel and check back in to the same hotel on the same day to get an additional stay credit.

bkgourmet Apr 15, 2011 10:53 pm

thank you william for posting this "officially" and finally ending the speculation!!

question for the experts - are any of these resorts all-inclusive or do any offer an option for all-inclusive and if so, the cost?

jammanxc Apr 15, 2011 10:59 pm

sorry but this promo is not as good as we are only limited to a few spg properties :(

Somewhere Over the Atlantic Apr 15, 2011 11:14 pm

I can see this promo being useful for a weekend at W South Beach during Art Basel, when the rates otherwise are in the stratosphere. ^

mahasamatman Apr 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by bradj (Post 16227302)
I've gone through every SPG resort on the list and only a few have the resort fee, mainly the US.

The spreadsheet is complete. Of the 210 resorts,
  • 166 have no fee,
  • 32 have a fixed resort fee ranging from $3.00 to $60.00 per night, all of which are in the U.S., Canada, or the Caribbean,
  • 10 are new so no information is no available, and
  • I'm not sure about 2 (they list a percentage as a fee, so I don't know what they'll charge for an award).
The Caribbean has, by far, the highest resort fees.

Note that I also listed service charges because I'm not sure what happens to those on an award either.