FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   [NOW EXPIRED] PROMO: SPG Getaway Free (Earn May-July 2011) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1205830-now-expired-promo-spg-getaway-free-earn-may-july-2011-a.html)

sfozrhfco Apr 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Would have to agree. Will earn 1-2 nights with existing bookings but would not go out of my way to do any extra stays to get a free plus fees resort night. That said, it works for some people so better than nothing.

Robinjoym Apr 15, 2011 6:28 pm

One of the worst promotions ever!

Let me start by stating that I'm thankful for Starwood promotions in general. I love extra points, bonus, and free nights. In this promotion, after 3 stays, I would earn a free night at a resort. While I'm planning many Starwood visits in the next 8 months, none of them would be at a resort. So, this promo is useless to me. A promo that would allow the member to use the stay at any or most Starwood properties would be better and fairer. I don't think that promotion is a great deal. Maybe, some others do. I don't feel like Starwood appreciates my business.

muffalo Apr 15, 2011 6:34 pm

I, on the other hand, will benefit much more from this promotion than the Q1 promotion. I am excited! ^

nfg05 Apr 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Anyone have a list of participating resorts by award category?

Condition One Apr 15, 2011 6:40 pm

I guess SPG can't make everybody happy all the time, myself included. I'll net 3 nights from this promo, but have no interest in using them. I'll probably drag myself somewhere just on principle though :)

dmgt Apr 15, 2011 6:40 pm

I will stay loyal to SPG as my choice of properties is not solely based on points; however not a good promo for me. (Staff and the service I get also determine where I sleep)

Actually I could do well with this promo as I am in the same property each week until the end of July and could hop hotels; however to tiered to do that these days. Guess I am not a good frequent flyer! So with this promo will get some free nights, but also not sure I will use them!

I like the last promo as no hopping involved and points let me decide how and when to use.

This promo is designed to increase resort usage and resort awareness as it build loyalty for some.

Oh well.

mizzou miles Apr 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by nfg05 (Post 16226669)
Anyone have a list of participating resorts by award category?

right on the splash page to register

ldsant Apr 15, 2011 6:48 pm

It just amazes me how many people look a gift horse in the mouth. :td:
And for some to complain about a "gap" period for two weeks - seriously?!

goob3r Apr 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 16225888)
I created a Google doc with all the resorts in it. Anyone who wants can edit the doc to add the resort fees. This will be a community effort.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CIbNvaQD

Looks like someone thought themselves as clever and erased all the spreadsheets content.

controller1 Apr 15, 2011 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by ldsant (Post 16226704)
It just amazes me how many people look a gift horse in the mouth. :td:
And for some to complain about a "gap" period for two weeks - seriously?!

It amazes me that someone with 11 years of FT experience and nearly 8,000 posts is amazed at this. This is FT after all! ;)

CPRich Apr 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Yes, there could be an "all guests get a free week anywhere, anytime, without any stays" offer and someone on FT would complain about what a "weak promo" it was and how "SPG doesn't care about their loyal customers" and how "HYMRHH's FWN3MBF4F promo is sooooo much better". I just tune them out.

There are some nice options here. I'm thinking St. Regis Deer Valley to open the 2011-12 ski season. $719/nt right now.

Anyone else find it ironic that right next to the My Promotion webpage, used to register for the free Resort nights promo is a tab for Resorts, with a picture of a Resort that can't be used for the free Resort night promo?

gabo02 Apr 15, 2011 7:43 pm

St. Regis Punta Mita Resort here I come. Love it that this catagory 7 hotel is the mix

mahasamatman Apr 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by goob3r (Post 16226737)
Looks like someone thought themselves as clever and erased all the spreadsheets content.

I'm going to repopulate it and make it read-only except for me. If you have data, please send it to me (email is better than PM). I'll add bradj's data.

kaka Apr 15, 2011 7:52 pm

sorry but what happens to a 1/may checkout? is that out cuz i need a NIGHT during promo period?

mahasamatman Apr 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 16226907)
sorry but what happens to a 1/may checkout?

Answered above in post #45.