Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Awards point needed for certain special hotels in Cat 6 and 7

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2011, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond

I was wondering if anybody has already deemed any rewards for the W Hotel Retreat in Koh Samui as well as the Al Maha Resort in Dubai. How many points did you have to fork out, i also wonder if the 25% discount award on point redemption which you could achieve last year is valid with these type of hotel, obviously the reduction in points needed would be considerable.

Anybody any experience or maybe Starwood Lurker has an idea?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by ThWilmesi
I was wondering if anybody has already deemed any rewards for the W Hotel Retreat in Koh Samui as well as the Al Maha Resort in Dubai. How many points did you have to fork out, i also wonder if the 25% discount award on point redemption which you could achieve last year is valid with these type of hotel, obviously the reduction in points needed would be considerable.

I don't have any experience with those hotels, but I know the 25% off is only valid for Cats 1-5 and only on standard rooms. So that won't work, but I'm not sure how many points it is in the first place.

Just call SPG and give them some dates and they will tell you what redemption options are available.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:13 pm

Almost certainly more points than is reasonable, and considerably more (in value adjusted terms) than competitors require for stays at their ultra high-end properties.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I redeemed 40,000 pts per night at the W Koh Samui.

25% discount on redemption: pls. indicate what program you are referring to.
I reached over 80 nights last year, without the 5 Amex nights.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 11:37 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by ThWilmesi

Hi,

You would have to ring up SPG to find out if the award is applicable for the dates you require at this property.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:53 pm
Used to be RichardKopf

Programs: SPG LTP/IHG Pl/Hilton D/Shang-Taj D/VA Plat/QFClub/Hertz Pres/Avis Pres
Originally Posted by UASPG
I redeemed 40,000 pts per night at the W Koh Samui.

25% discount on redemption: pls. indicate what program you are referring to.
I reached over 80 nights last year, without the 5 Amex nights.
Hi,

How did you get the 25% off? Was it the fifth night free? That would be 20% off, though. The 25% off promo from last year only went up to cat 5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.