Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report: Lattakia Le Meridien (Syria)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS-MM 75K, Marriott Plat Lifetime, SPG Plat Lifetime, HH Gold
Trip Report: Lattakia Le Meridien (Syria)

Stay dates: 12/27/10 to 12/28/10

Bottom line: Pretty bad hotel, 70's building and furniture, not well kept. Definitely not a Le Meridien, barely professional staff

This was an award stay. Mrs Magiclamp is a Plat, they recognized the Plat gave us a room on the 8th floor with a view of Mediterrainean.

The room: Old furniture, old room, everything is still from the 70s except the flat screen TV. The bathroom was clean but everything is old, probably unchanged from the 70s. The balcony was a nice tourch

The hotel: The hotel is far from the city with not much around the hotel. The hotel told us that breakfast was included because of the Plat status and after the breakfast (a poor selection at a basic restaurant) they gave us a check of USD30 saying that the breakfast was not included. The front desk refused to do anything about it - no apologies, no professional behaviour.

The beach is quite dirty and there must be a sewage pipe opening into the mediterrainean somewhere close, it smells pretty awful.

An avoidable hotel at all costs.

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2011, 7:22 am

Thanks for posting.

How would you compare to other horels in Lattakia?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS-MM 75K, Marriott Plat Lifetime, SPG Plat Lifetime, HH Gold
Sorry, didnt try any other hotels. I would think the other hotels are better...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.