Search

SPG AMEX 2 Stays/5 Nights Posted

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:44 am

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
got my 2/5
Old Jan 5, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH Silver
got my 2/5 also. (at first I'd forgotten the AMEX bonus and thought the system had somehow double counted my stays and completely messed up my nights)
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat , SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, HiltonHonors, United Milage Plus
My 2/5 was posted on the 3rd, I think-- at first I was confused! Nice to start the year off with a couple of stays under my belt!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
posted on the 3rd here as well....
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
I noticed the stay/nights posted earlier, but recevived the following email today, looks like they are also notifying card members they have the credit:

Dear grlittle,

Thank you for your Cardmembership. To start off the year, you have received credit for 5 nights and 2 stays toward SPG® elite status1 — just for having a Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express.

Your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express is your key to valuable travel rewards. Enjoy the enticing benefits and Starpoints® earning power that go with being a Cardmember.

• Get 1 Starpoint for every eligible dollar you spend on the Card.2

• Get at least 4 Starpoints per eligible dollar spent at hotels and resorts3 participating in the SPG program.

• Redeem Starpoints for free nights at more than 1,000 distinctive hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries with no blackout dates.4

• Redeem Starpoints for free flights on over 350 airlines with no blackout dates.

• Get your 3rd night free at participating Sheraton® hotels and resorts worldwide.5 Visit Sheraton.com/3for2amex for more details.

Visit SPG.com/amexcreditcardus to learn more.

Sincerely,
Starwood Preferred Guest
Old Jan 12, 2011, 2:02 pm

sorry this may have been covered but i don't see it; spg previously gave me gold status (as long as a certain amount is spent on the card) for the card, is this reward in addition or instead of the gold?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by steffa
is this reward in addition or instead of the gold?
In addition to.

Originally Posted by grlittle
recevived the following email today
They also tell you if you have both cards and for 4 stays and 10 nights, indicating it's definitely not an error. So the clause in the Cardmember Agreement must just mean you can't get the bonus for more than one Personal card or more than one Business card, but you can get it for each.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
They also tell you if you have both cards and for 4 stays and 10 nights, indicating it's definitely not an error. So the clause in the Cardmember Agreement must just mean you can't get the bonus for more than one Personal card or more than one Business card, but you can get it for each.
Just curious but if the SPG Business Card and personal card are treated as two totally seperate things.... if you have a business card already and then later get a personal card for the first time do you get the starpoint bonus or is that a once in a lifetime thing?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
if you have a business card already and then later get a personal card for the first time do you get the starpoint bonus or is that a once in a lifetime thing?
Everyone I know has gotten both.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, US Air Gold
Two personal cards?

Anyone recieved 4/10 for having two personal cards? My wife and I both have separate credit card accounts feeding in to same SPG account (we added a second account to take advantage of Amex's 30K pts promos this fall). Sounds like people have recieved 4/10 for a personal and biz account, but have not heard anyone get it for two personal accounts.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by TarbyTwos
My wife and I both have separate credit card accounts feeding in to same SPG account
How did you manage to do that? You're wife is not an authorized user on your account, she has a completely separate credit card account, correct?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, US Air Gold
Yup. I just applied for a second card in her name. She got the 30K bonus directed to my SPG account. Now its just a question of whether we qualify for 4/10 bonus or just the 2/5.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Everyone I know has gotten both.
Thanks mahasamatman.

Now if they would only run the the 30K bonus again. I recieved the SPG AMEX business card the day that the 30K offer came out and was told by AMEX that I couldnt get a 30K card but I guess I could have applied for a personal card.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:59 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Can anybody advise if the 2/5 Offer will also apply to SPG/AMEX British Cardholders. No sign yet on my Starwood Account.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:35 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Can anybody advise if the 2/5 Offer will also apply to SPG/AMEX British Cardholders. No sign yet on my Starwood Account.
Nope.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.