Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Starwood AMEX - "rewritten" Cardmember Agreement, and cause for concern

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond

My most recent statement (regular card - not a Business card) came in a large envelope, and it included an 11 page "rewritten" Cardmember Agreement.

It all seems to be pretty standard stuff in the agreement, but one part of the Supplement causes some concern.

It states "You will only receive rewards for eligible purchases for personal, family or household use."

Does that mean that the purchases must be for personal, family or househould use? No business charges?

Or, the rewards are intended for personal, family or household use?

I'm not calling AMEX on this for a few reasons:

1) It may not be fair of me, but I expect the CSR will have no clue what I'm talking about, OR that the answer I receive will not be informed.

2) I don't really want to give AMEX a reason to mark my account, as I DO put business charges on this card, and I enjoy the Starpoints I earn by doing so.

Aloha

Last edited by clublounger; Dec 6, 2010 at 4:16 pm Reason: clarification
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
They have no way to determine the purpose of any charge.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:23 pm

At first I found the length of the new agreement quite frightening. 10 pages (page 4/11 was "intentionally left blank") is a lot to deal with. After further consideration, I really appreciate that they gave us 10 full-sized pages with readable type. I'm used to the quad-fold pamphlets with 6-point font.

I don't know how many of these changes were Amex's initiative vs. CARD act, but the larger type and section headings really make the agreement much more readable.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Originally Posted by _kurt
At first I found the length of the new agreement quite frightening. 10 pages (page 4/11 was "intentionally left blank") is a lot to deal with. After further consideration, I really appreciate that they gave us 10 full-sized pages with readable type. I'm used to the quad-fold pamphlets with 6-point font.

I don't know how many of these changes were Amex's initiative vs. CARD act, but the larger type and section headings really make the agreement much more readable.
@:-)A tangible result of the truth in credit card act legislation ( well somewhat anyway) recently signed into law under the Obama admin. Helps us aging babyboomers eyesight at least...Amex and others are probably working on how to pass along the added cost of more ink & paper though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.