Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points Times Square, Only 250 Amenity Pts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AMEX Centurion (And All That Goes With It)

Forgive me in advance, but I normally only stay at W, Sheraton, or Westin Properties and Le Meridien if overseas. I have only stayed at an Aloft once. I am going to NYC for New Year's Eve and staying at the Four Points Sheraton Times Square. My rate is around $412/night. My question is, when staying at the Four Points, with a rate like this, do you still only get 250 amenity points? That seems a bit unfair just because Four Points in NYC or Chicago can have rates way higher than even a St. Regis on occasion.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by andrewpartyman
Forgive me in advance, but I normally only stay at W, Sheraton, or Westin Properties and Le Meridien if overseas. I have only stayed at an Aloft once. I am going to NYC for New Year's Eve and staying at the Four Points Sheraton Times Square. My rate is around $412/night. My question is, when staying at the Four Points, with a rate like this, do you still only get 250 amenity points? That seems a bit unfair just because Four Points in NYC or Chicago can have rates way higher than even a St. Regis on occasion.
250 Platinum Amenity points for stays at Four Points properties. Life isn't fair. It's the program rules.

FAQ: The Platinum Welcome Amenity thread
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Well, hopefully they will change this at some point in the near future. If Four Points can charge more than a Luxury Collection hotel or the St. Regis it seems like it's one big inconsistency with the program. If I was paying $68 bucks, that's one thing. But $412/night--eek.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:01 am
Suspended

Well, hopefully they will change this at some point in the near future. If Four Points can charge more than a Luxury Collection hotel or the St. Regis it seems like it's one big inconsistency with the program. If I was paying $68 bucks, that's one thing. But $412/night--eek.
  1. Look what city you're staying in.
  2. Look at the time of year, your stay is booked
  3. Look at rates for other Starwood properties on that same night

You're staying at a high priced city on NYE!

That $412 rate pales in comparison to the W or the St. Regis on that same night.

Look at the overall big picture of this brand world wide. It's a second tier brand.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Point taken. Happy New Year's to you Cheap Elite
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
4p and Aloft only give you 250 amenity points. It's normal, get used to it.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by kitsura
4p and Aloft only give you 250 amenity points. It's normal, get used to it.
And so does Element!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
The amenity points are only 250, but that's not the important question. An extra 250 amenity points are only worth $6.25! Paying $412 to stay at the Four Points Midtown Times Square is ridiculous. It simply is not worth it, even on New Years Eve. You will be west of 8th Avenue and the police will not allow you into the Times Square area (east of 8th Avenue) unless you arrive around 10 AM! I know because I have been there in the past on New Year's Eve. So why not stay at the new Sheraton Tribeca for just $231 per night (for 2 nights starting December 31)? Rate is still available. You will have just as much fun at nearly half the price.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DCBob
The amenity points are only 250, but that's not the important question. An extra 250 amenity points are only worth $6.25! Paying $412 to stay at the Four Points Midtown Times Square is ridiculous. It simply is not worth it, even on New Years Eve. You will be west of 8th Avenue and the police will not allow you into the Times Square area (east of 8th Avenue) unless you arrive around 10 AM! I know because I have been there in the past on New Year's Eve. So why not stay at the new Sheraton Tribeca for just $231 per night (for 2 nights starting December 31)? Rate is still available. You will have just as much fun at nearly half the price.

....and get 500 Platinum Amenity points.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I was going with Four Points Sheraton Times Square because I thought it would be convenient for New Years Eve. I am taking your advice and booking at Sheraton Tribeca. This is why I love flyer talk.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:14 am
Suspended

flyer talk.
Flyertalk

Yes, I love it, too.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Oh no, I forgot to make Flyertalk one word. How dare I? Luckily there is always someone to point out every typo however minor it may be. This I do not love about Flyer....Talk.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This I do not love about Flyer....Talk.
Wait, you used four dots instead of three...
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:30 pm

Thank you. I was going with Four Points Sheraton Times Square because I thought it would be convenient for New Years Eve. I am taking your advice and booking at Sheraton Tribeca. This is why I love flyer talk.
Great! Newbies to New Year's Eve in NYC have no idea how many millions of people try to crowd into Times Square to see the ball drop. The police control the crowds and prevent this from happening. In your case, if you arrived at 9 PM the police would make you walk up to 55th Street, where you can't see anything. It simply is impossible unless you love standing around 14 hours in frigid conditions (most of the time) just to see a silly ball drop in 10 seconds. Or you could book a ball drop room at the Doubletree Guest Suites, pay a fortune, and watch it from your hotel room. Neither is recommended.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DCBob
Great! Newbies to New Year's Eve in NYC have no idea how many millions of people try to crowd into Times Square to see the ball drop. The police control the crowds and prevent this from happening. In your case, if you arrived at 9 PM the police would make you walk up to 55th Street, where you can't see anything. It simply is impossible unless you love standing around 14 hours in frigid conditions (most of the time) just to see a silly ball drop in 10 seconds. Or you could book a ball drop room at the Doubletree Guest Suites, pay a fortune, and watch it from your hotel room. Neither is recommended.
ROFLMAO! True - oh so true! Watch it in the comfort of your home/hotel, like those of us with common sense!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.