Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Looking for nice property in DC area with club lounge access on a weekend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver

Planning to use my final free weekend award and was looking for a Saturday night stay in the DC area. As not all properties offer lounge access on the weekend, can anyone recommend one that has a good lounge (or offer breakfast instead) for Plats and in a decent shape. Pool would be nice also.

I read the Sheraton Premiere has a lounge but is kinda worn - so I crossed that one off my list. Inside/near DC would be great. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Planning to use my final free weekend award and was looking for a Saturday night stay in the DC area. As not all properties offer lounge access on the weekend, can anyone recommend one that has a good lounge (or offer breakfast instead) for Plats and in a decent shape. Pool would be nice also.

I read the Sheraton Premiere has a lounge but is kinda worn - so I crossed that one off my list. Inside/near DC would be great. Thanks in advance!
None of the properties in DC proper have a lounge

Lounge information has bee discussed in this thread: Washington D.C. which hotel? 2007 onward [Master Thread]

Old Nov 29, 2010, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Thanks for the link. Last post was a few months back so only limited help. From what I read, the 4 pts have a club lounge. Therefore a property within the DC proper does have a lounge. I am also interested in other outside such as fairfax which seem to have good reviews.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 3:24 pm

The Sheraton Suites in Alexandria, VA (just across the river) has a lounge but I've only been there during the week and never on the weekend. Could be worth a call to the hotel to find out for sure.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, PC Plat, SPG Gold,
Sheraton Lounge

is pretty close to closed on the weekends, there is never any coffee and just a a bit of stale popcorn so I would not stay there if you want proper lounge access. Nobody is ever working there either or at least not on the weekend.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I stayed at the Sheraton Tyson's Corner and got vouchers for the Breakfast Buffet they have downstairs. Not sure if the FWFN is a good value at that hotel though...I'd personally use it in a DC hotel where the rates are higher and the rooms are nicer.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Not sure what the OP is looking to do in DC that weekend (and it's none of my business), but with no real *wood hotel's in the city proper offering a club lounge, why not scrap the club lounge concept completely and simply persue the best hotel in the best location? From where I'm sitting, it's been nearly a decade since I had a club lounge experience strong enough to convince me to stay outside of a city that I was visiting ...

just sayin.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback - the lounge idea was from my other half. I personally wanted to stay at the W. I think I will just stay at the W or if I want to take the kids to the Gaylord hotel ICE! event, I will stay at the Westin. Heck with the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.