Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Chiang Rai - preopening discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien Chiang Rai - preopening discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 1:43 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Arrow Le Meridien Chiang Rai - preopening discussion

Hi all,

Our member, Gleff posts a question on this property so I might as well create a new thread for this new property, scheduled to open October 15, 2008(subjected to changes)

"Any idea how many suites and whether there's a club lounge?”

There are 158 Deluxe Rooms and One Grande Suite, which comprises of a separate lounge and bedroom, two marbled bathrooms and dining area. Free wireless broadband internet access service is provided for guests throughout their stay in the suite.

There is no club lounge. However, you can choose to use the poolside “Chill Bar” which is perfect for a cool refreshment or Italian inspired antipasto by the pool.

[email protected]
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Thanks!

Really only one suite? So presumably the only possible upgrade would be view? I guess we'll have to wait until the property opens to see whether there's any additional platinum recognition.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 7:11 am
Suspended

What are the facilities onsite;pool, spa, gym, tennis ???
Old Aug 6, 2008, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gleff
Really only one suite?
The resort features 159 guestrooms starting from 53 sq. m. for Deluxe Rooms to the luxurious Grande Suite with 132 sq. m. All rooms have private balconies overlooking expansive garden and the Mae Kok River.

Originally Posted by mario33
What are the facilities onsite;pool, spa, gym, tennis ???
There are three restaurants, each offering gourmet cuisine from morning until late evening, a new fitness centre equipped with hi-tech equipments, two-level outdoor swimming pool, over 1,250 sq. m of function space

plus a choice of open-air venues and break-out rooms with natural light. Our sophisticated riverside spa offering a wide variety of exotic treatments to soothe your body and stimulate your mind.

[email protected]
Old Aug 6, 2008, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
May check this place out next year, but really wish there was some form of platinum recognition here since a meaningful upgrade sounds highly unlikely
Old Aug 11, 2008, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gleff
May check this place out next year, but really wish there was some form of platinum recognition here since a meaningful upgrade sounds highly unlikely
Hi gleff,

I am glad to have my colleagues provide this information for me.

Introducting the Grande Deluxe room – we have 32 of these rooms in their own Exclusive section of the hotel. Each room is 66 square meters (bigger than many hotel suites!) and all have either a river view or direct access to the pool from their balcony. These rooms will have upgraded amenities and facilities.

I believe even though there is one suite, upgrades are still possible. But like most of our hotels, it is subjected to availability.

You might find it to be exceptionally comfortable in these rooms…

[email protected]
Old Aug 11, 2008, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Outstanding, and thank you for the clarification!
Old Aug 31, 2008, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm, looks like their award rate plan is ended-dated 12/31/08 even though they're publishing paid rates long past then?
Old Aug 31, 2008, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
I just found the same thing. The Platinum Concierge had to book a revenue room in January and said she would convert it when award rooms became available.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Hi BaldEmu,

Thanks for the message. You have been great help.

Same thing over here, I have written a note to my colleagues over at the property for help.

[email protected]
Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

The same as well. You are welcome to proceed with your award reservations at this property for the year 2009.

[email protected]
Old Dec 8, 2008, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone been yet?
Old Dec 14, 2008, 9:17 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Krisflyer Gold
Yes, please post if you've been to the hotel. We want to stay here (or the Chiang Mai one) over Christmas. There are a couple of favourable reviews on Tripadvisor but I'd rather see some Flyertalk ones. Let's hope the new election for a new Thai PM proceeds smoothly today. I'll certainly not be making any inflexible bookings. As an aside, the BKK Starwood properties seem to be resisting any significant drop in rates to prop up what must be very low occupation rates. Shame - we'll be there for at least 5 nights over the festive period.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 6:01 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort, Thailand

I looked around for a thread on this property but wasn't able to find one. Does anyone have any experience with this resort? I'm considering a few nights here at the end of March to coincide with the King's Cup Elephant Polo. Does anyone know if it is near the pitch? Is the area easy to get around if renting a car? Kid-friendly? (ages 7/10)
Old Jan 3, 2009, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's an existing thread on the property, though no stay reports yet (there are some at tripadvisor.com, all positive).
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...15-2008-a.html

I have a reservation there for April.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jan 3, 2009 at 8:47 am Reason: Merged using referenced link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.