Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Can we keep the slippers in our rooms? (updated title)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can we keep the slippers in our rooms? (updated title)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by EileenSRN
^ Any kind of recycling is a good thing. Sorry I missed your location, but it was too good an opportunity to get the message out.

E
Originally Posted by abcx
heh, even if you threw them away, in India, they will get recycled.
^^
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: SPG Pt.
Originally Posted by jjbc
The W Walkerhill has fancy red slippers, that are continually re-used, and they want 25000W if you take them. The Sheraton Walkerhill has plastic - reuseable slippers in the suites. Not for me.
Oops, I did take those fancy red slippers, but, I was never charged for that. In fact, I take quite a number of them, and I still did not get charged??? I guess I was lucky
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by pelapela
Oops, I did take those fancy red slippers, but, I was never charged for that. In fact, I take quite a number of them, and I still did not get charged??? I guess I was lucky
They looked disposable, albeit slightly nicer than most hotel slippers, so I took them without thinking. Anyway, they better not charge me for them - it's unheard of to charge for hotel slippers. It could get ugly.

For my sake, let's hope that jjbc's experience is old.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Best slippers I've seen/taken were at the Andaz 5th Avenue hotel - extremely plush (almost like memory foam), with a sueded sole.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by EileenSRN
For the future - there are several organizations who are BEGGING for these items. USO - at large airports, Women's Shelters, Veteran's Hospitals and Homes, to name a few. There are also Veteran's Groups who send care packages to Servicepeople overseas who can use the.

I always take mine home- always wrapped. I put them in the shoe boxes for teenagers at Christmas. We make about 30 for children 0-16 as a family and the boxes for teenagers are always hard to fill up.

Only problem is that if my mother comes to stay she descends on them like a vulture- I have visions that when she passes away I will have to clear an entire house of hotel slippers.

Last edited by Barnaby100; Sep 13, 2010 at 1:21 pm Reason: Can't spell!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for this thread! I'm upset that I've left so many pairs of slippers at hotels, but it is definitely good to now know that we can keep them in some/most cases. This thread is worth the bump it will receive from my reply for those curious minds like mine that didn't know already... :-:
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
I don't use the slippers, but my wife always remembers to take them, so she can use them at home.

Also, we recently took home the packaged red slippers from our hotel room at the Hotel Danieli in Venice. We weren't charged for taking the slippers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.