Search

Information on Thailand Best Deal Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:12 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Information on Thailand Best Deal Offer

Introduction: Book by July 12 and stay through August 31, 2010 and enjoy up to 65% off room rates plus free breakfast at Starwood hotels and resorts in Thailand.

Terms and Conditions
  • Offer is valid for reservations booked between June 21, 2010 and July 12, 2010 and completed between June 21 and August 31, 2010.
  • Advance reservations are required
  • Rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and availability at time of reservation and do not include additional per room, per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes.
  • Credit card will be charged at time of booking.
  • Reservations cannot be changed, are pre-paid and non-refundable; if cancellation takes place, guests forfeit total room charge plus tax.
  • A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates.
  • Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply.
  • Offer not applicable to groups.
  • Not to be combined with other offers or promotions and subject to change

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:37 am

Thanks, Thyetus!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:49 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks! Tried 2-3 hotels at different August dates and unfortunately the rate comes back as unavailable.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Thyetus, I think that there are a couple of problems with this link. First, when using the link, the calendar function doesn't seem to pass the correct dates to the reservation system. I entered the dates in August when I'll be in BKK, but display showed availability for dates in June. I did this three times to be sure before writing you here.

Second, when I checked SGS last night, the lowest available rate was 4,800++. Now, with the 65% offer in place, lowest available rate is 5,650++. Since it's now less than two hours after your post, I find it difficult to believe that the rate sold out completely in that time period, assuming that there was any reasonable number of rooms allocated to this rate.

If you don't mind PMing me when it's fixed, I would like to take advantage of this. Thanks!!!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Second, when I checked SGS last night, the lowest available rate was 4,800++. Now, with the 65% offer in place, lowest available rate is 5,650++. Since it's now less than two hours after your post, I find it difficult to believe that the rate sold out completely in that time period, assuming that there was any reasonable number of rooms allocated to this rate.

If you don't mind PMing me when it's fixed, I would like to take advantage of this. Thanks!!!
Thanks Dr.

I can answer this portion. The lowest available rate you have found is correct as the discount is based on the property's RACK rate and not BAR rate.

[email protected]

Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:18 am
Original Poster

1. Not all properties are offering 65% discount off the RACK rates.
2. RACK rates for individual properties are not published officially.

[email protected]

Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
I can answer this portion. The lowest available rate you have found is correct as the discount is based on the property's RACK rate and not BAR rate.
Thanks for your quick reply. I must say, though, 65% off the rack rate isn't really any type of bargain. I don't know what the rack rates are (as you say, they're apparently not public), but BAR at SGS was 4,800++ before this offer, and at LM was 3,000++. This "special" doesn't really seem to help, it has resulted in higher rates at least at these two properties. Your guests don't measure special rates against the rack rate, they measure them against what they can get the room for without the special. Does anyone actually pay the rack rate? And if rack rates aren't published, how can the customer/guest perceive any value?

Also, if 5,650++ is the rate with the 65% discount, that implies a rack rate of 16,142.86++. Really? That's the rack rate?

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Jun 21, 2010 at 5:40 am Reason: Correct typo
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
1. Not all properties are offering 65% discount off the RACK rates.
Yes, but I assume that any property which comes up on the link you posted is offering the 65% discount, -- why else would a property be on that link?

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Jun 21, 2010 at 4:41 am Reason: Correct typo.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
This saves 15% off of the spg50 rates! Although not a good place to use them right now.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:05 am
Suspended

Some properties have already loaded this rate plan since a week ago. No link or promo code required, it just come up like any other rate plan.

As others have mentioned, these rates are not really that attractive; however, if you are not plat the free breakfast could be worth something.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:17 am

Not impressed!

I booked a while back and was worried now that I paid more than these rates... turns out these rates are more expensive then the regular rates offered on SPG...

so no gain here..
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
Crowded Breakfast

Since Thailand SPGs giving away free breakfast to all the guests--this means Plats have to deal with a longer line and crowded breakfast.

SPG Asia/Thailand marketing team should get a reality check--this is best they can come up with when Peninsula(and all other high end BKK properties) are offering a great deal. Instead of taking this offer I am going with Peninsula's $150/night(2 night min), free breakfast and 800thb gift cert.

I like BKK SPG hotels, but I love a cheap Peninsula rate more!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:43 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Sale I don't want...

The Lowest regular rate at LM Bangkok has now been replaced by a SALE price 24% HIGHER
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by NYCWahoo
Since Thailand SPGs giving away free breakfast to all the guests--this means Plats have to deal with a longer line and crowded breakfast.

SPG Asia/Thailand marketing team should get a reality check--this is best they can come up with when Peninsula(and all other high end BKK properties) are offering a great deal. Instead of taking this offer I am going with Peninsula's $150/night(2 night min), free breakfast and 800thb gift cert.

I like BKK SPG hotels, but I love a cheap Peninsula rate more!
+1. See you there....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.