Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Where will you redeem stays earned in the Q2 free weekend night promo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2010, 6:32 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

I had a lot of fun with last year's free night promo. I earned a lot of free nights, and I enjoyed the planning of where to spend them. I cleared a swathe thru a number of Starwood properties including:
  1. St Regis San Francisco
  2. St Regis Monarch Beach
  3. W Washington DC
  4. St Regis Washington DC
  5. Imperial Vienna
  6. Le Meridien London
  7. W Hong Kong

This year, I'll earn far fewer nights due to the three stay requirement to get a free night. We have a far longer redemption window. I only expect to earn 4 or 5 nights, so will be very selective as to where I redeem. Thus, I'm searching first the level 6 properties, then level 5.

I hope to get to

W London, 6 - opens this fall
SLS Los Angeles, 6 - love the Andaz WeHo; this will give me a chance to compare them

There are some terrific choices in Spain, Italy and Greece that are level 6. Still, I'm not sure travel will find me in those areas the next few months. However, I'm eager to get to the haciendas in the Yucatan. There are 2 level 5 properties I want to research more:

Hacienda Puerta Campeche, 5
Hacienda Uayamon, 5

And I'm finally going to try the St Regis Singapore, as I have a weekend night already scheduled in Singapore.

Have you started to think about where you'll redeem?

Mod note:
Please let's NOT use this thread to discuss this promo vs hotel chain B's promo or this promo vs last year's promo. Posts that do so will be deleted.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I'll probably only earn 3 free nights, so I've narrowed the list down to the following:

Hotel Gritti, Venice
Le Meridien Barcelona
W Istanbul
W London
Old Apr 17, 2010, 6:46 pm

Rome.

Cheers,
Old Apr 17, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Last Year

St. Regis DC
St. Regis Monarch Beach
W South Beach

This Year (hoping to at least)

St. Regis Princeville
SLS Beverly Hills
W Union Square
Old Apr 17, 2010, 7:23 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I think I will get 4 nights. I already have 2 rooms for 2 nights plus 1 extra C & P night at the London LeM. So now do I try the W using my point savings or stay at the LeM and use my points somewhere else? Tough choice.

Last edited by hhoope01; Apr 17, 2010 at 8:08 pm
Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
I'll get 3 (maybe 4 if I'm prepared to haul my case up the hill between the Four Points & Sheraton Sydney a couple of times).

1. Vienna - Easy peasy Imperial Vienna - I'll replace an existing C&P reservation.

2. Venice - I have 3 nights C&P booked at the Westin Europa & Regina. It was an easy choice, category 5 and I hoped to use points for an upgrade at check in. I was perfectly happy with that but now I'm thrown into total confusion. Should I change to the Danieli as it is a 6, will I necessarily enjoy it more? I've read the master threads but still don't know what to do. Damn you SPG
Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
We did DC St. Regis and Sand KEy Resort last year (and either Niagara Falls or the 4Pt down the street on 5/2) but we'll probably use the smaller number this year as part of/extension of a summer trip to Disney for the kids.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:27 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Looking to stay at the SLS in Los Angeles

sdcarver
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Thumbs up Much Nicer Thread

First thought is to pop over ( from Japan) for an extended weekend stay in Shanghai at the St Regis and for a spicy dinner at "South Beauty" and some dim sum at "Crystal Jade"....and another dinner somewhere in the Bund.

SD1K... thank you for starting a nice thread...so much more civil & enjoyable then that 'other 2Q announcement' thread.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:39 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I'll use two at St. Regis Princeville (Kauai), one at St. Regis SF.

Old Apr 18, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: KF Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Gold Ambassador
I'll probably only earn 3 nights so its 1 of the below;

Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
W Hong Kong
St Regis Singapore
Old Apr 18, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
Last year, Hotel Danieli in Venice.

This year, GB in Athens
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: AC-E, SPG-Plat, GP-P, HH-G
Last year
Westin Tokyo in September and a couple of places close to home just to use the free nites.

This year I suspect I will only earn enough for 3 nites. So I will try to use them at the St Regis (Monarch Beach) for my wife's birthday in the late summer. Hope there will be availability ....
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The new W in London.
W Barcelona.
Sheraton Jagdhof (if it will be a cat 6 or lower)
Old Apr 18, 2010, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
so far i am on course to earn 7 free weekend nights....might be able to get one more depending on my travel pattern in july....

no real plans on where to use it....would be nice to go back to the full moon resort & spa maldives again....maybe the st. regis singapore during the singapore grand prix (although getting free rooms around that time would be next to impossible)....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.