Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points San Jose, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Nearby Construction Until December 31, 2017

Until December 31, 2017, there will be construction and noise disruptions due to work on the adjacent apartment building. Work will take place between 7am and 6pm daily. Please contact the hotel for further information.

Mosaic Restaurant & Lounge Details

On Thursday evenings though Sunday evenings, the hotel hosts special events and live music in the Mosaic Restaurant & Lounge. Occasionally, some of the excitement will be audible through the hallways or guestrooms; however, there will be minimal impact to guests. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

Four Points San Jose, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:02 am

I've been remiss in reporting back as well. For 2015 I've had 4 separate single night stays. All have been consistently very good. Nice clean room, well trained FD staff, good maintenance on the property. Haven't had a chance this year to say "Hi" to Randy as I've had late check-in/early checkout stays, but you can tell he is doing a great job managing this property. Continues to be our "go to" hotel in San Jose.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Post Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown

Wiki updated.

Nearby Construction Until December 31, 2017

Until December 31, 2017, there will be construction and noise disruptions due to work on the adjacent apartment building. Work will take place between 7am and 6pm daily. Please contact the hotel for further information.

Mosaic Restaurant & Lounge Details

On Thursday evenings though Sunday evenings, the hotel hosts special events and live music in the Mosaic Restaurant & Lounge. Occasionally, some of the excitement will be audible through the hallways or guestrooms; however, there will be minimal impact to guests. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:47 pm
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown

Programs: SPG
WATCH US GROW!

Watch us grow!

Visitors to our hotel are greeted with a City of San Jose development proposal (posted on a sign in the parking lot) which details our plans to add a 24 story, 280+ room new addition to our hotel.

The proposed project is making its way through city hall and all of the relevant agencies. While a firm timeline has not been established, we hope to break ground later this year!

The new tower will be located immediately adjacent to the current hotel - and will feature a rooftop pool, fitness center, and unparalleled views of the bay area.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/n...-historic.html

Stay tuned for more details!

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season and thanks for your support.

- Randy Zimmerman
General Manager

PS: On a more "down to earth" and current note, we've upgraded our free to guest wifi speed to a blazing 250mbps!

Last edited by 4pbssjdt; Dec 28, 2016 at 5:51 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by 4pbssjdt
PS: On a more "down to earth" and current note, we've upgraded our free to guest wifi speed to a blazing 250mbps!
That's good to know, will make use of it on 1st January.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:27 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
This has always been one of the nicest Four Points properties anywhere IMO. Though I've stayed most recently at the nearby Westin (wanting 24 hr room service), I highly recommend this Four Points--which has always had more of a Kimpton feel and service levels far above those of any average Four Points or Sheraton.

The expansion tower would be really impressive, I must say.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Has anyone stayed since the next door construction started? I'm thinking about booking for this Friday. You know what, it's just occurred to me, with work ceasing at 6pm and a 6 am flight, construction noise won't disturb my sleep. But how's the live music noise?

My one and only stay there was in 2010 and I do vaguely remember walking by the outdoor patio filled with people late in the evening and the white street noise.

TIA.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:00 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by boxo
Has anyone stayed since the next door construction started? I'm thinking about booking for this Friday. You know what, it's just occurred to me, with work ceasing at 6pm and a 6 am flight, construction noise won't disturb my sleep. But how's the live music noise?

My one and only stay there was in 2010 and I do vaguely remember walking by the outdoor patio filled with people late in the evening and the white street noise.

TIA.
Hi, greetings from San Jose!

The construction relative to the apartment building next door has concluded, effective last month.

The hotel's expansion (new tower) has not yet broken ground, and is not likely to begin until late 2017.

The "normal" downtown atmosphere, as you noted, is ongoing (vehicles, pedestrians, light rail, and air traffic). However, at this time of the year, outdoor events in our patio are somewhat less common, especially this year due to heavy rainfall.

If you'd like, please PM me with your confirmation number and I'll see about arranging for a comfortable stay "enhancement". We can arrange for a room assignment that's less vulnerable to disruptions.

Thanks!

Randy Zimmerman
General Manager
Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:34 pm

Thank you for your presence on this forum, Randy. ^

Ah ha, so work on the next door apartment is done and the new tower work has not begun.

Shouldn't the website construction noise message be deleted or at least edited to say new tower construction will begin later in the year? I almost passed over booking your hotel and going with a non-SPG closer to the airport but for being an active member of a travel forum. I'd hate to think people are hitting the back arrow on their hotel search when they see that message.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:05 am

I just stayed here for 1 night on Sunday Jan 29th. I find the basic rooms are good enough. Unfortunately wasn't able to try the breakfast in the Mosaic Restaurant due to my early flight out.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:57 pm

Thank you for your presence on this forum, Randy. ^

Ah ha, so work on the next door apartment is done and the new tower work has not begun.

Shouldn't the website construction noise message be deleted or at least edited to say new tower construction will begin later in the year? I almost passed over booking your hotel and going with a non-SPG closer to the airport but for being an active member of a travel forum. I'd hate to think people are hitting the back arrow on their hotel search when they see that message.
We left the message intact largely because there is (unannounced and often random) construction/renovation at the Federal Building across the street. We learned that Federal properties are exempt from local noise ordinances, and they sometimes have "odd hours" for building projects there.

That said....their activity has wound down as well, so the notice is no longer practical and will soon be taken down.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention; I didn't realize that the prospect was off-putting to the point of losing business. (Of course once our own tower breaks ground, it will once again be needed....but until then....!)

- Randy Zimmerman, GM/Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:35 am

Randy, thank you very much for the suite upgrade. It was a very comfortable and spacious room. We enjoyed being in the heart of downtown, easy walkable distances to the museums. And on a rainy night, the view of First Street was even better with the nearby neon signs reflecting on wet pavement. It was a shame we had an early flight and left at 4 am.

Sorry we didn't have a chance to meet. Until next time.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:29 am

Randy, thank you very much for the suite upgrade. It was a very comfortable and spacious room. We enjoyed being in the heart of downtown, easy walkable distances to the museums. And on a rainy night, the view of First Street was even better with the nearby neon signs reflecting on wet pavement. It was a shame we had an early flight and left at 4 am.

Sorry we didn't have a chance to meet. Until next time.
Yeah I stayed here twice and had to leave for my 6am+ flight.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Yeah I stayed here twice and had to leave for my 6am+ flight.
^ Well, there's no traffic at that hour! #glasshalffull
Old Apr 4, 2017, 4:39 pm

And here we go!

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/0...town-san-jose/
Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:46 am

Cool, Tribute and Four Points managed under 1 roof I bet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.