Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Hotels "The Bed"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

W Hotels "The Bed"

Ordered a W bed from the website a couple of weeks ago into Winnipeg. Received 40% off - thought it was a great deal so could not resist. We ultimately love the Westin "Heavenly Bed" - we were told this is pretty much the same bed with the pillow top so went for it as could not beat the deal.

Received the bed in less than two weeks and paid $300.00 for shipping etc., Still a great deal. Got the bed and ordered the pillows and duvet from Westin.......oh man !!!! Talk about great sleeps.......Never thought I would say this but can't wait for winter to hit - nothing like crawling in the fart sack in the cold winter night

Anybody else order the beds.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bravada04
nothing like crawling in the fart sack in the cold winter night
LOL. I have not heard that phrase since my grandfather died many years back.

Glad you're enjoying the W bed. I'm with you -- it's a great sleep.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I much enjoy the one I purchased almost 3 years ago. Probably time for a new feather bed though.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by gleff
I much enjoy the one I purchased almost 3 years ago. Probably time for a new feather bed though.
Can I ask how long your's lasted? The featherbed is what does it for me and I can't imagine ever not sleeping on one @ home after buying my w bed last year.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I got the non-pillowtop version a month ago, and am quite happy with it. There is a lengthy thread about the Simmons bed that this really is, and perhaps some cheaper ways of getting it.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Have to just wait for the deals on the website as I don't think we could have found it any cheaper. Honestly. We did check out a couple of local shops and actually mentioned the Heavenly Bed etc., - The one guy knew exactly what we were talking about and took us to the Simmons Pillow Top. After getting the 40% off - we ended up with half of the price even with shipping- rather than buying anything that came close locally.

While we were their we ended up getting sucked in for a nice dark brown leather head board.....It did not take much cause I have my best sleeps when I'm in those beds so wanted to make it feel like a hotel room........plus me and the wife have way more fun when we are on vacation.....now it feels like we are on vacation every night
Old Nov 20, 2009, 3:43 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
You can currently get the bed at 50% off from Sleepy's (Thanksgiving sale).

Have to just wait for the deals on the website as I don't think we could have found it any cheaper. Honestly. We did check out a couple of local shops and actually mentioned the Heavenly Bed etc., - The one guy knew exactly what we were talking about and took us to the Simmons Pillow Top. After getting the 40% off - we ended up with half of the price even with shipping- rather than buying anything that came close locally.

While we were their we ended up getting sucked in for a nice dark brown leather head board.....It did not take much cause I have my best sleeps when I'm in those beds so wanted to make it feel like a hotel room........plus me and the wife have way more fun when we are on vacation.....now it feels like we are on vacation every night
Old Nov 20, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Ordered a W bed from the website a couple of weeks ago into Winnipeg. Received 40% off - thought it was a great deal so could not resist. We ultimately love the Westin "Heavenly Bed" - we were told this is pretty much the same bed with the pillow top so went for it as could not beat the deal.

Received the bed in less than two weeks and paid $300.00 for shipping etc., Still a great deal. Got the bed and ordered the pillows and duvet from Westin.......oh man !!!! Talk about great sleeps.......Never thought I would say this but can't wait for winter to hit - nothing like crawling in the fart sack in the cold winter night

Anybody else order the beds.
Good to know what the shipping was to Winnipeg... was it a King Size you ordered? How much was the shipping for the pillows / duvet?

Thanks,

Darren
Old Nov 20, 2009, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Golden Toque
Good to know what the shipping was to Winnipeg... was it a King Size you ordered? How much was the shipping for the pillows / duvet?

Thanks,

Darren
King Size it was...........you know what honestly can't remember what the shipping was for the duvet / pillows from Westin @ Home. We also ordered some white tea scents.......just love the stuff. We always stay at the Westin in Las Vegas when we go ( I know not the #1 place with some SPG members but does the trick for us ) and that place always has a great scent going....more so than other Westins.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Can I ask how long your's lasted? The featherbed is what does it for me and I can't imagine ever not sleeping on one @ home after buying my w bed last year.
Well, I wouldn't call mine worn out. Just not as perfect as it was when i bought it ~ 3 years ago.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by gleff
Well, I wouldn't call mine worn out. Just not as perfect as it was when i bought it ~ 3 years ago.
I should've phrased my question a little better. 3 years of wear on my mattress would only involve about half as many nights because I'm on the road for about half the year. Didn't know how much time you spent at home vs. the road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.