Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

University dorms go deluxe - formerly Montreal Four Points Sheraton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

University dorms go deluxe - formerly Montreal Four Points Sheraton

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, , AA Gold, Bonvoy Titaniu
I was in college back in the early 80's and lived in a converted hotel--"The Wade Hampton" about 2 blocks off campus. For $1500 per semester I shared a 4th floor suite with private bath, wet bar and living room with one roommate. Very Nice! Except for the orange shag carpet.....
Old Oct 30, 2009, 10:42 am

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
I've seen this sort of thing time and time again.

Eons ago, the ancient Sheraton Inn Commonwealth in downtown Richmond VA served as an overflow dorm for VCU (and this was in the 1970s!).

FWIW, it was a total dump.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Harvard Law School remodeled a Quality Inn on Mass Ave and turned it into North Hall (the school is not nearly as picturesque as one would think from Legally Blonde!)
Old Oct 30, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I went to school in Washington DC (George Washington) and the university has purchased many old hotels/apartments to convert into student housing. The interesting thing is that some of the properties had long term/permanent residents in them, and the University could NOT force them to leave. So, there are actually normal people who live in what are now college dorms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.