Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton San Jose - Vandalism incident

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2009, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, HH GOLD, PP
Sheraton San Jose - Vandalism incident

I recently stayed at the Sheraton San Jose (Milpitas, CA). Sometime during the night, my vehicle was vandalized in the parking lot. As a result, I opted to cancel a subsequent stay. Has anyone had any incidents with vandalism or burglary of their vehicle while staying at this hotel?

The reason for my inquiry is I'm trying to determine whether this was an isolated incident or a recurring problem at this hotel so I can plan future hotels stays accordingly.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by jurisdr
I recently stayed at the Sheraton San Jose (Milpitas, CA). Sometime during the night, my vehicle was vandalized in the parking lot. As a result, I opted to cancel a subsequent stay. Has anyone had any incidents with vandalism or burglary of their vehicle while staying at this hotel?

The reason for my inquiry is I'm trying to determine whether this was an isolated incident or a recurring problem at this hotel so I can plan future hotels stays accordingly.
Nope ("knock on wood"), for my past two stays this month.

Once I stayed in the towers so i parked with the rest of the cars near the tower entrance, and the other time stayed in a pool villa, and parked in the assigned parking space under the villas...

Seems like an isolated incident. Were there any other cars in the vicinity of your car that looked like it was vandalized?

(i guess it also depends on what you drive)
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, HH GOLD, PP
I was parked near the front of the tower. The police officer checked the adjacent vehicles and did notice any other vehicles with damage. It was still believed to be random since I had not had any altercations or even minor exchange of words w/anyone during my stay or enroute to the hotel.

The damage to my vehicle consisted of repeated passes w/both a sharp object (keyed) and a black sharpie to entire passenger side of my car such that it must painted (estimate of 2k+ in damages). My car was the only white vehicle in the immediate area and it's a new car w/the dealer plates still on vehicle so I suppose the black sharpie on a new white Mercedes gave maximum thrill to whomever did it.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I have had one incident on a hotel parking lot where the glass was shuttered and some stuff taken inside. The hotel completely shrug it off. Anyway I was quite surprised that when I went to exchange the car that National didn't make me to pay for any of the damages, although I had declined all the coverage. I did have a police report of the incident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.