Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SWEEPSTAKES: Sheraton offers free nights at 86 renovated hotels: enter Oct 6 - 9

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWEEPSTAKES: Sheraton offers free nights at 86 renovated hotels: enter Oct 6 - 9

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:36 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by iwc
What about receipt of a "platinum amenity"?
Sure. Why not? They're given on Cash & Points and Preferred (free) Night Awards.

Just remember to have some eligible incidental charges so they can be applied automatically.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
UGH! SPAM!!

Originally Posted by toadman
This was my fear too. I was getting a few spams a day on my secondary e-mail. After signing up for this promo yesterday, I log on to my e-mail acct, and sure enough, about 8 spams, this afternoon, about 4 more spams. Great, thanks for all the spam eprize.com. Anyone else have this happen to them? Maybe I need a better spam filter.
Yes, this happened to me as well. I hardly ever get spam in my inbox, but this morning, 6 showed up. SPG, this is not cool.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:22 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by TRAVELBABE
Yes, this happened to me as well. I hardly ever get spam in my inbox, but this morning, 6 showed up. SPG, this is not cool.
Just my humble opinion, but it would more helpful for you to find the real source of your spam rather than to make unsubstantiated claims that are simply not true. Once anyone registers for this sweepstakes, the only emails they will receive are strictly related to this sweepstakes only, specifically, this will entail the registration confirmation after registering and a reservation confirmation within 24-48 hrs of winning.

The privacy policy for both starwood and eprize may be found on sheraton.com/freenight [http://www.eprize.com/privacy/privacypolicy.html and http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat.../privacy.html]

Neither SPG nor eprize is selling your information to 3rd parties or using it to spam you with other offers.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 8, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: US PP, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Dia, ICH Plat
won nyc

snagged NYC this morning @ 6:30. Is this the Sheraton Times Sq? looks like it is going to be expensive to make a weekend out of it as the 24th on SPG properties are 325+ May have to make a move out of the city. Heck, I have to get to NYC from CLT first!

Foy
Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; PC RA Plat; UA 1P
I won San Diego Symphony All-Suites Hotel! Can't wait to check it out!
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:08 am

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
No dice. Everyone in the family tried every day (5 of us). Oh well, it was a good family excise every morning for us! I wonder if there was any "let's get new people" talk about this? It would be interesting to see how the choices were made.

Had fun with it, even though leaving empty handed.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
0 for 4 here...

...was tryin for sheraton montreal as the inlaws are gonna be in town and we were plannin on takin' them to montreal anyways...no luck for homer.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 9:49 pm

Programs: NW/CO, DL Silver, SPG Gold
Just won a night at the Richmond Park South (no e-mail confirmation yet, though)! I was pretty pessimistic, having lost each of the previous days, so this was quite a shock...give it a last try--maybe the chances of winning are actually better now since most of the winning times have passed, so the majority of the unclaimed prizes should now be available (sorry, that made more sense in my head).
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Cxl

Trying to cancel one of these is a work. They do not have my cc but still do not want to waste the space.

Called number on e-mail, tfr to HI desk. Told to call hotel. Front desk tfrs me to reservations. Resevations tfrs me to group desk. Hotel asks me to call 866 number on e-mail. Will try that then I am done. Best efforts.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Trying to cancel one of these is a work. They do not have my cc but still do not want to waste the space.

Called number on e-mail, tfr to HI desk. Told to call hotel. Front desk tfrs me to reservations. Resevations tfrs me to group desk. Hotel asks me to call 866 number on e-mail. Will try that then I am done. Best efforts.
Which property?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Called P desk which then kept me online while they called property. Got a cxl number but there are no confirmation numbers.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 7:25 pm

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE

That sounds like a pain! Anybody know if there are any penalties for no shows as there were with the free weekend nights?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 8:35 am

Calling all winners of this sweepstakes...

Ms. ttrltb won a free night, but never received the confirmation e-mail. I PM'd Thyetus and was cool enough to actually find the award and send me the confirmation #. He also said that he'd forwarded the original confirmation e-mail, but again, it never came through. (Don't know what's up with Ms. ttrltb's e-mail, but I double checked the e-mail address that SLII said he sent it to, searched through all of the e-mails, etc.)

Anyway, have any winners received the confirmation e-mail? It appears so... Can you please post the content of the confirmation here (sans personal info)? I just wanted to see what the penalties and such were...

Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; PC RA Plat; UA 1P
Originally Posted by ttrltb
Ms. ttrltb won a free night, but never received the confirmation e-mail. I PM'd Thyetus and was cool enough to actually find the award and send me the confirmation #. He also said that he'd forwarded the original confirmation e-mail, but again, it never came through. (Don't know what's up with Ms. ttrltb's e-mail, but I double checked the e-mail address that SLII said he sent it to, searched through all of the e-mails, etc.)

Anyway, have any winners received the confirmation e-mail? It appears so... Can you please post the content of the confirmation here (sans personal info)? I just wanted to see what the penalties and such were...

Thanks!
Similar situation here, never received email confirmation. Reviewed the FAQ page, called the 800 number, the agent found the reservation, sounded surprised at the rate of "$57.xx," assured me that there would be no charges even though it displayed this rate price to him, gave me the confirmation number and said he'd resend the email confirmation, never got the resent confirmation. Checked the confirmation number from the website, got this message:

10/23/2009 to 10/24/2009
We have found your reservation. It is not possible to display this particular reservation online. This is usually due to an unusual or complex rate or set of rates associated with the reservation in question. For questions regarding this reservation, please contact the Customer Contact Center nearest you.
I am satisfied just knowing the reservation is in the system and will likely work when I check in, even without an email confirmation
Old Oct 16, 2009, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
One thing to pay attention to on these reservations is the fine print at the bottom of the confirmation e-mail about late check-in. I've highlighted the key text:
Guarantee Rules

For reservations not guaranteed with a form of payment at time of booking, rooms are held until set cancellation time per the rules of the reservation. Should you be checking in later than 4pm we ask that you provide us with your credit card to hold the room; your credit card will not be charged. In the event more guests arrive than can be accommodated due to hotel overbooking or an unforeseen circumstance, and the hotel is unable to hold rooms consistent with this room hold policy, the hotel will attempt to accommodate guests, at its expense, at a comparable hotel in the area for the oversold night(s), and will pay for transportation to that hotel.
Looks like they hold the option open of giving away your room after 4pm, unless you've called them to reconfirm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.