Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

aloft Bengaluru Whitefield opened 1st August 2010 Category: 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:13 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: SPG

Photo link

Web link

asleep
Total number of rooms: 166
No of floors: 6
No of aloft suites: 4

amuse
grab 'n go: Sweet, savoury and healthy food, snacks and beverages
nook: All day dining venue
re:mix lounge and w xyz bar
plug and play: one-stop connectivity solution

awake
Number of meeting rooms: 6
re:charge: 278 sqm fitness space
splash: 260 sqm dip pool

Bangalore City Railway Station (asj)
Travel Distance: Approximately 26.0 km/16.16 miles

Airport
Bangalore International Airport (BLR)
Travel Distance: Approximately 9.66 km/6.0 miles

Aloft Bengaluru Whitefield is located right off the Channasandra Road, just minutes away from many I.T. and multinational companies, and close to The International Technology Park Bangalore (ITPB) too. Click here for its map.

Accepting Reservations for Arrival on or After August 1

Feel free to leave a message if you require any other information. Or let me know how you feel about this property from the details I have provided.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Opening offer

Say Aloha to Aloft Bengaluru Whitefield- Our special opening offer includes Mocktail on arrival;Complimentary breakfast for one person;Free high speed internet;Complimentary 1 way airport transfer

To book, visit this page for a stay on and after August 1, 2010.

[email protected]

Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Photo link

Web link

asleep
Total number of rooms: 166
No of floors: 6
No of aloft suites: 4

amuse
grab 'n go: Sweet, savoury and healthy food, snacks and beverages
nook: All day dining venue
re:mix lounge and w xyz bar
plug and play: one-stop connectivity solution

awake
Number of meeting rooms: 6
re:charge: 278 sqm fitness space
splash: 260 sqm dip pool

Bangalore City Railway Station (asj)
Travel Distance: Approximately 26.0 km/16.16 miles

Airport
Bangalore International Airport (BLR)
Travel Distance: Approximately 9.66 km/6.0 miles

Aloft Bengaluru Whitefield is located right off the Channasandra Road, just minutes away from many I.T. and multinational companies, and close to The International Technology Park Bangalore (ITPB) too.
Are you sure Bangalore International Airport(BLR) is just 9.66 KM/6.0 Miles from Aloft Whitefield Bangalore???

I believe it's around 40 KM(takes around 2 Hrs in the traffic)and there is only one international airport in Bangalore right now which handles commercial planes/passengers, I hope you meant the old airport HAL .
It WAS a domestic and international airport . However this usage is now defunct, as its passenger usage was replaced by the new Bengaluru International Airport on 24 May 2008.

Time to update the hotel website as it can be misleading especially to the one's who never visited Bangalore/India before
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silverfalls
Are you sure Bangalore International Airport(BLR) is just 9.66 KM/6.0 Miles from Aloft Whitefield Bangalore???

Time to update the hotel website as it can be misleading especially to the one's who never visited Bangalore/India before
Er.. no 'cos I have never been to India before. This lurker here does not get to travel as much as most of you do.

But thank you for your notification. Will forward it to the property.

[email protected]

Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Er.. no 'cos I have never been to India before. This lurker here does not get to travel as much as most of you do.
But thank you for your notification. Will forward it to the property.
While we're at it, the maps for India on spg.com don't have much.. er.. map to them. Which makes me wonder if they're right for this location.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:43 am

In the zoomed-in Aerial View, the hotel is located in what looks like a sewage treatment plant. :-)

Old Aug 25, 2010, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
anyone stay here yet????have a trip to bengaluru coming up soon & i would like to try out this property....
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by saad
anyone stay here yet????have a trip to bengaluru coming up soon & i would like to try out this property....
just a follow up....

i've booked a one night stay here for next week....will post a review then....
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just finished a one night stay here....

the property is 50 km from the airport....but then again, everything in bengaluru is over an hour away from the airport so that came as no surprise....it took me about an hour & 15 minutes to get here from the airport....

the property is in whitefield & its a pretty good area....lots of big corporate offices surround this area....there are a few little shops & restaurants within walking distance....there is also a big grocery store (big bazaar) less than a 5 minute walk from the aloft....

there was a little bit of a problem when i got to the airport as i had arranged for an airport pickup & the driver was nowhere to be seen....i called the property a number of times but they could not locate the driver....finally, after having waited for about half an hour i decided to hire a cab & got to the property on my own....when i got there the manager ajai raman was waiting to greet me to the hotel....he apologised for the car & offered to pay the for the cab drive to the property....

the hotel is not completely open yet....only the lobby area & the first 2 floors are open at the moment....the remaining 4 floors are expected to open in about a months time....there will be 4 suites in the hotel but none of them were open yet....

i was given the corner room on the second floor, which seemed to be slightly bigger than the other rooms....as a plat i also got free breakfast & a fruit basket in the room....there are a number of free bottles of water in the room & internet is free throughout the hotel....there is a restaurant on the first floor which served buffet breakfast in the morning....the pool area looked quite nice but unfortunately my stay was very short & could not use any of those facilities....

they seemed to have some teething problems which can be expected from a property that is still not completely open....the lights in the room kept switching off on their own & we had to call maintainence twice to fix this....the carpet seems to attract a lot of dust but i guess that is due to the construction going on on the other floors....

the staff was very nice & ajai was a great help during my stay....i will be back in bengaluru a few more times within the next few months & i will definitely try this property out again....hopefully they will be open by the time i'm there next....
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
Any recent stay updates ?

Hi, any recent trip reports at this place ?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aterug
Hi, any recent trip reports at this place ?
staying here again next month....will report back then....
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Stayed 6 nights last week and 3 nights this week. This property has exceeded my expectations of an Aloft. Service has been good, the buffet has been nice, and I love the proximity to the office. There really isn't much nearby to the hotel, though, so once you come back in the evening, you'll feel a bit marooned here.

The property is directly adjacent to a vacant lot where there are some abandoned buildings and some other stark reminders of Indian poverty. Hopefully you will get a room on the pool-side of the hotel.

All in all, when I return to Bangalore, I will stay here again. Though over the weekends, I recommend moving downtown to the ITC Royal Gardenia.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:58 pm

I am only going to be there monday to saturday. so maybe last two days I can go somewhere else and the rest of the time be in whitefield.

Originally Posted by bpauker
The property is directly adjacent to a vacant lot where there are some abandoned buildings and some other stark reminders of Indian poverty. Hopefully you will get a room on the pool-side of the hotel.

All in all, when I return to Bangalore, I will stay here again. Though over the weekends, I recommend moving downtown to the ITC Royal Gardenia.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 5:17 am

Aloft treip report - stay in progress

Staff is very nice and sweet. Rooms are nice except no bathtubs - apparently not in any of the rooms in this aloft. The aloft in BKK did have a rather nice tub so assuming this is not standard across all alofts.

the rooms are miserably hot. despite having the best available room (king splash) on a fully paid rate, the airconditioning was terrible. Woke up in a sweaty mess throughout the night but too tired to call down.

This morning I let them know and requested a fan in case they could not fix the air conditioning. I cant open the windows beause of the mosquitoes.

ill check when i get back and see what the result is. I understand that bangalore is hot, but then that is what the AC is for - to make it less so.

I do have a pool side view and tried out the pool yesterday which was again nice (and long). staying in the Le Meri. for two nights starting tomorrow and then moving back to aloft for 2 nights.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

in the middle of my 3rd stay here....nothing spectacular but a good solid property for a great price....i was upgraded to a splash room from a normal aloft room....not quite sure what the difference is but the room in nice enough....ordered room service & the food was good....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.