Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

A proposal - Welcome CO members to *A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A proposal - Welcome CO members to *A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 4:41 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Exclamation A proposal - Welcome CO members to *A

I was thinking that we may soon be welcoming a lot of new members to the Star Alliance in the form of Continental Flyers. I wondered whether it might be a good idea to get together some FAQ's about *A for new airline schemem members when they join.

Off the top of my head I thought about:

- Lounge access - with quirks like SQ/LH
- How the Round-the-world products work
- Key facts about each airline
- Discussion of each member - where they fly, good service etc

I was wondering if there were any volunteers prepared to assist me in this by taking an airline, fare product etc and writing the paragraph? I'll then pull it together and post it across in CO as a welcome.

Please PM me, or post here if you're interested in helping

Thanks

Mark(ie) - Co-Mod *A
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:20 pm

With all due respect, isn't that the intention of at least 2 of the sticky's already here in the forum?
There is already a wealth of information in those on machinations, tips/tricks, guides to things like classes, lounge access/general lounge and other reference material.
They may need a slight tweak to highlight some of the more common "entry questions" (not only for CO but for any new member members), but IMHO your proposal would merely be duplicating what is already available.

There are already too many stickys in this forum anyway, so why create another one that's already covered.
Regards.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Certainly there are things in the *A useful reference thread that could be improved. For starters I haven't been updating too much lately due to search limitations and the organisation could be improved.

There is also, I think, value in adding CO-specific information to some of the threads (eg to the booking class thread, partner airlines thread, etc). If anyone has the time to point me towards the relevant CO information that would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Al B
With all due respect, isn't that the intention of at least 2 of the sticky's already here in the forum?
There is already a wealth of information in those on machinations, tips/tricks, guides to things like classes, lounge access/general lounge and other reference material.
They may need a slight tweak to highlight some of the more common "entry questions" (not only for CO but for any new member members), but IMHO your proposal would merely be duplicating what is already available.

There are already too many stickys in this forum anyway, so why create another one that's already covered.
Regards.
I was not thinking of posting it here - but rather in Continental.

If KiwiFlyer can do some update we can probably base everything on his threads/posts!
Old May 10, 2009, 8:56 am
ICA

Programs: DL Plat, JL Diamond, TK Elite, A3 Gold, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone who knows how the Onepass elite tiers
going to change after becoming *A?
I am now Onepass Gold, Skyteam Elite...
Will I be a CO*G or a CO*S member next year?
Do I have to move up for PLAT if I'd like to be CO*G?
Old May 10, 2009, 12:02 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
CO members, and others, might be interested in the current version of the Star Alliance Reference Guide, it covers comprehensively the key components of the alliance, rules and procedures.

Alignment of CO status to *G will be a matter for CO and Star but looking at the other US airlines in the alliance might give you a hint:

United UA Premier Executive 1K, Premier Executive
US Airways US Platinum Preferred, Chairman’s Preferred, Gold Preferred

A small suggestion to our moderator we should of course extend our welcome to the FFs of Air India, Brussels Airlines, Continental and TAM together. Not to exclude anyone!

Last edited by starflyergold; May 10, 2009 at 12:08 pm
Old May 10, 2009, 2:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I've made a start on a star alliance 101 | introduction.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 7:56 pm

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
A question I have is when can you start to acrue UA MP miles on CO flights and possibility of using miles for upgrade opportunites?
Old Jun 13, 2009, 4:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I expect accrual will start late October when CO joins *A. Whether CO joins the *A-wide mileage upgrade program straight away I do not know (perhaps not - they have lots of changes to apply anyway).
Old Jun 16, 2009, 8:16 pm

Well, I hope so, because I would like to accrue miles,etc.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I expect accrual will start late October when CO joins *A. Whether CO joins the *A-wide mileage upgrade program straight away I do not know (perhaps not - they have lots of changes to apply anyway).
Old Jun 27, 2009, 1:56 am

any new info

is there any new/updated info available yet???
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:38 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Exclamation It's "Official" - CO to Join *A Oct. 27, 2009

Originally Posted by BIMMERKID2
A question I have is when can you start to acrue UA MP miles on CO flights and possibility of using miles for upgrade opportunites?
is there any new/updated info available yet???
CO's Transition Update web page was changed today to reflect an entry date of 10/27. As was previously announced the last day of the SkyTeam alliance membership is 10/24. This will, in effect, leave CO in "limbo" for two days. CO has stated that OnePass members who fly on *A partners over the weekend should retain their boarding passes to submit them for mileage credit. All indications are that from 10/27 onward OnePasss members will be able to enter their FF# either online or at check-in and mileage accrual will be automatic. How other *A airlines will handle their own mebers traveling on CO those two days is unknown so YMMV.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
My biggest concern is that, at present, some CO fare buckets do not accrue full EQM's - unlike UA. As much as I would like to start including more CO flights in my travel plans, it will only be if they give me the equivalent miles that I would get on other US-based airlines, like UA and US.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by simd
My biggest concern is that, at present, some CO fare buckets do not accrue full EQM's - unlike UA. As much as I would like to start including more CO flights in my travel plans, it will only be if they give me the equivalent miles that I would get on other US-based airlines, like UA and US.
Effective for travel from 10/27, all CO tickets earn 100% EQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.