Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

SIN-KUL not valid for *A Asia Airpass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2008, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ex AN*G(Diamond), QF SG, VA Plat

Hi all

I'm in the midst of trying to construct a Christmas/New Year trip, with an ideal routing of

BNE-xBKK-FRA-SZG//INN-(xFRA)-CDG-FRA-xBKK-SIN-KUL-xBKK-BNE

I have 3 J award seats confirmed on BNE-xBKK-FRA-BKK-BNE.

I will most likely use the *A Europe airpass to do
FRA-SZG, INN-xFRA-CDG, CDG-FRA (4 coupons total)

However, when trying to do the Asia part, I am hitting a problem. I had hoped to use the *A Asia airpass to do
BKK-SIN (TG or SQ)
SIN-KUL (SQ)
KUL-BKK (TG)

But, the *A airpass calculator does not let me use SIN-KUL as a sector (says no valid connections found), and the only detailed rules I can find on the web www.airoz.com/FAQ/Download.asp?FileName=Star%20Alliance%20Asian%20Ai rpass%20Rule%20effective%2001May07-ch do not show SIN-KUL as a valid Asia airpass option.

Is this correct? Seems odd to me if that's so, since SIN-KUL is flown by SQ.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 1:31 am

Until CA and FM became partners and participated in the Asia Airpass and TG ramped up their offerings on the airpass, there weren't many city pairs offered on the airpass, compared to the amount of city pairs flown by the partners in the region.

SQ has always only offered very limited pairs on the airpass - even now they only offer 9 city pairs total. (SIN - BKK/BWN/DPS/HAN/HKG/CGK/MNL/SGN/SUB).

Why not just Air Asia/Tiger/Jetstar/Nok/Etc etc etc for those really short segments?
Old Aug 5, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: QF, SQ
or just pay for a one-way SIN-KUL - its one of the more reasonable fares even in J (was even better when it was F) for the short-hop...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.