Search

*A lounge in Doah airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 7:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

*A lounge in Doah airport?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a *A lounge in Doah airport? Im flying Qatar in coach and am BMI Gold. I know that Lufthansa and Turkish fly there, so have they got one???

^
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
No *lounge, just a generic lounge and QR's own lounges. But note even if the QR flights are BD codeshares, you don't get access as QR, the operating carrier, is not *alliance and BD's agreement with QR only stretches to awarding destination miles, no other FFP benefits.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The lounge is nice if someone can guest you in but not spectacular. I think the airport has free wifi otherwise you can pick a signal up when sitting outside the lounge.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 4:50 am

what you really need to to by direct through QR and make use of their premium terminal :

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-terminal.html

very nice!
Old Jul 10, 2008, 4:52 am

what you really need to to by direct through QR and make use of their premium terminal

check there website for details....
Old Jul 10, 2008, 4:55 am

i'd love to go there someday...
Old Jul 10, 2008, 5:16 am

Yeah- its great! I flew out of there on QR 005 last week- wish i had taken photos!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 3:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danny_boy
what you really need to to by direct through QR and make use of their premium terminal

check there website for details....
Im only flying coach class with Qatar....so they are going to say "No room at the inn sir"..... I did post on qatars page, they have another lounge which you can pay for...but Im not so sure how good that is?
Old Jul 11, 2008, 3:53 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I take it that we're taking about Doha not Doah?

There is a lounge in the main non premium terminal.
Go upstairs towards the food court and turn right. It's opposite the Costa Coffee stand.

The lounge is very stylish and a decent size. They have snacks, Internet terminals, showers and TVs.

You can access this lounge if flying premium on a number of airlines (sorry don't know which ones apart from BA) or if a Priority Pass card holder.

There are 2 other lounges which I think are for elite Qatar FF members travelling in Y.

I hope this helps.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
And remember it is a dry lounge (unlike the QR Premium terminal). You can access it with a PriorityPass too.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 5:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I take it that we're taking about Doha not Doah?

There is a lounge in the main non premium terminal.
Go upstairs towards the food court and turn right. It's opposite the Costa Coffee stand.

The lounge is very stylish and a decent size. They have snacks, Internet terminals, showers and TVs.

You can access this lounge if flying premium on a number of airlines (sorry don't know which ones apart from BA) or if a Priority Pass card holder.

There are 2 other lounges which I think are for elite Qatar FF members travelling in Y.

Im only flying coach class with qatar so I dont have a priorirty pass...!
I hope this helps.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 2:17 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Rambuster
And remember it is a dry lounge (unlike the QR Premium terminal). You can access it with a PriorityPass too.
This lounge can be accessed with pretty much anything. Priority Pass, Amex cards of almost all colours as well as being the lounge for all airlines under the stars (except for MIAT).

I haven't tried my health insurance card but I'm pretty sure I would get in as well.

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Jul 13, 2008 at 4:30 am Reason: bad grammar
Old Jul 13, 2008, 3:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
This lounge can be accessed with pretty much anything. Priority Pass, Amex cards of almost all colours as well as being the lounge for all airlines under the stars (except for MIAT).

I haven't tried my health insurance card but I pretty much sure I would get in as well.
So I must be able to get in with a *A gold card then....but if there is this lounge, what is the Al Maha Services with a lounge?? I take it thats a different lounge?? I think Im now very confussed
Old Jul 13, 2008, 6:16 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
So I must be able to get in with a *A gold card then....but if there is this lounge, what is the Al Maha Services with a lounge?? I take it thats a different lounge?? I think Im now very confussed
*G card will not get you access. Some Amex cards will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.