Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to LAX Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Access to LAX Lounge

I've got a separate flight to LAX that gets in at 8:30 AM, and catching a SIN flight at 2:40 PM in business. Will there be any problem getting access to the * A lounge in the Tom Bradley terminal? Will they be able to ticket the SIN flight at the lounge, or do I need to visit a SIN agent to do that? Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What airline are you coming in on? Chances are you'll be coming into a different terminal or have to clear customs (although not necessarily), in which case you couldn't go past security in TBIT without a BP. I believe check-in only opens up a few hours before departure, so you might be stuck waiting.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 1:13 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I am not aware of any flights that let you disembark airside in TBIT without forcing through immigration and customs. So you will end up landside. Can only access TBIT lounges once you are checked in with boarding pass in hand. SQ check in opens something like 4 hours before the flight so you will have a while to wait landside.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by JA318
I've got a separate flight to LAX that gets in at 8:30 AM, and catching a SIN flight at 2:40 PM in business. Will there be any problem getting access to the * A lounge in the Tom Bradley terminal? Will they be able to ticket the SIN flight at the lounge, or do I need to visit a SIN agent to do that? Thanks!
If you are coming in on UA, you should be able to use the RCC before leaving the secured area to hang out for awhile (as you have a same day *A Business flight). Also in that same secured area (T6/7/8) is a CO lounge if you have any access rights.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 6:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Similarly if arriving on AC you can access the Maple Leaf Lounge (and possibly NZ lounge but they often have capacity constraints limiting to pax flying NZ or contracted airline only) in T2. This is because US immigration is pre-cleared in Canada. Arriving on Air NZ has no access airside so the same does not apply.

Arriving domestically on US Airways should give access to their lounge in T1.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe SQ check-in in TBIT opens up around noon. @:-)
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
What airline are you coming in on? Chances are you'll be coming into a different terminal or have to clear customs (although not necessarily), in which case you couldn't go past security in TBIT without a BP. I believe check-in only opens up a few hours before departure, so you might be stuck waiting.
Thanks for the replies. I'll be coming in on AA, terminal 4, so sounds like I'll have a wait there until either 10:40 am (4 hrs before) or noon, depending on when SQ opens for ticketing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.