Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

las-pvg on star alliance - suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Any suggestions, comments, opinions on the airline options on star alliance? Thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How many transits are you willing to put up? Just one if you go LAS-SFO-PVG on UA.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:43 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Or AC LAS-YVR-PVG
Old Dec 23, 2007, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Those were the two best routings I was able to find as well. Thank you. Any opinions on which business class is better - UA or AC?

Also, I am already booked on 1/31 on AA flight 237 LAX-SJD. Departs LAX at 9:55am. If I have to be in PVG for most of the day 1/30, is there any way to make my AA flight? Thanks all.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 1:50 pm
glg

Originally Posted by jrmesq
Those were the two best routings I was able to find as well. Thank you. Any opinions on which business class is better - UA or AC?
Note that UA will be TED (economy only) from LAS-SFO. UA biz would be older-style seats, not lie-flat. Don't know about AC.

Originally Posted by jrmesq
Also, I am already booked on 1/31 on AA flight 237 LAX-SJD. Departs LAX at 9:55am. If I have to be in PVG for most of the day 1/30, is there any way to make my AA flight? Thanks all.
With the date line in your favor, it just depends on how late you need to be in PVG on 1/30. Doesn't look like it's possible to leave PVG on 1/31 and still make it (earliest is a CA/NH combo that gets in at 09:45), but on 1/30 you can take AC out of PVG at 18:05, get into LAX (via YVR) at 18:05, spend the night and catch your flight to SJD in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.