Community
Wiki Posts
Search

miles&more or krisflyer?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2007, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Question miles&more or krisflyer?

We are miles&more members and travel regulary between AKL and FRA. This year we chose singapore airline to rome and they offer as a bonus 5000 krisflyer miles (beside of 2 nights accomodation) which one only gets if a krisflyer member. I had a look to their website thinking of joining but I am not sure if this is worth the hassle and I am quite confused how many points you need for a reward.

bye the way - I was very surprised last year to get with LH only half the miles I used to get, but this year with Asiana we got the full miles (economy).
So I wonder how many miles we would get with Singapore Airline....
Normally it used to be that you could book as reward a "pacific (cooks, fidj, oz)" flight with one NZ-D-NZ fligth.
I would like to get some opinions what is better, just stick with miles&more or join krisflyer to get the addional 5000 krisflyer points.
Thanks
Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:58 pm

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
stick with miles and more

1. LH smartFly option isn't that bad
2. the redemption scheme under Krisflyer for First/Business is simply a joke, especially after they have introduced 777-300ER/A380
3. you will have to check your booking class code to see what you will earn under LH or SQ's FFP program
4. It also depends if you are going to be based until end of your life in NZ.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 5:46 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I agree with bchl. LH also has some good promotions for people in AUS/NZ similar to the SQ one. Make sure you receive them via E-Mail or letter. How many miles you receive in economy depends on your booking classes so it always makes sense to check this before you book.

Oh, and welcome to FT.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2007, 6:00 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by felix77
...and they offer as a bonus 5000 krisflyer miles (beside of 2 nights accomodation)..
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
..LH also has some good promotions for people in AUS/NZ similar to the SQ one..
Such as ?
I cannot recall a single one .
Old Dec 10, 2007, 5:11 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by weero

Such as ?
I cannot recall a single one .
I always get offers like: Do two international return trips and get XXXXX bonus miles. And those two international trips can be FRA-CDG and back.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:51 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I always get offers like: Do two international return trips and get XXXXX bonus miles. And those two international trips can be FRA-CDG and back.
Ah those promos. Well they are highly targetted and not always as generous. Typically the ones I get are fly 3 round trip intercontinental F (sometimes F or C) on LH metal only within the next month and get xx,xxx bonus miles. I believe they are also only offered to those with M&M status, whose flying on LH has reduced - ie you need to have had a period with reasonable amount of flying on LH in the first place to later get some promos that are unlikely to be helpful (unless you coincidentally have relevant travel already planned or able to buy such trips at short notice).
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
..Typically the ones I get are fly 3 round trip intercontinental F (sometimes F or C) on LH metal only within the next month and get xx,xxx bonus miles..
Yep - these are the ones I get. Not worth the 15 seconds read they required .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.