Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Will SQ offer A class on the A380?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering as I am booked on a Circle Pacific (A) fare in first class SYD-SIN and the 380 only offers R in first?
Old Sep 12, 2007, 2:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
From this thread it appears only R will be available for first class SQ A380 flights.

If you already have confirmed ticket in first on one of the A380 flights you should be okay. If you haven't then the chance of getting an A380 flight is probably zero (at least without a very hefty surcharge - SQ is charging over $2000 per flight extra for R on A380 over F on 744!).
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I honestly do not know if SQ will honor currently booked A class flights that has changed over to the A380. SQ might just ask you to pay the difference in fares, and if you don't want to, you can opt to change to another flight.

They are not obligated to honor your booking. They might just be courteous but I'm just guessing.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:16 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I honestly do not know if SQ will honor currently booked A class flights that has changed over to the A380. SQ might just ask you to pay the difference in fares, and if you don't want to, you can opt to change to another flight.

They are not obligated to honor your booking. They might just be courteous but I'm just guessing.

If your are ticketed and the flight number does not change, they have to honor it.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by peter42
If your are ticketed and the flight number does not change, they have to honor it.
SQ does not *have* to honour it. They might for *F* class, but even so, they're already taking a US$1000 loss if they honor F booking class, they'd lose more if they honor "A" class.

Knowing SQ, they might just do this.... they might offer to move you to another flight the same day. If you refuse, they might ask you to pay the fare diff or be downgraded to Business Class without having to pay a surcharge.

I guess we'll never know till we get an example...
Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:12 pm

Programs: One World Emerald; Star Alliance Gold; KLM Platinum
D class available on A380 - Downgrade from "A" ?

According to Seatcounter booking class (D,Z,C,J) available for business class on A380, which means RTW business ticket (D Class) should be available ? even a surcharge might be required i.e. ref 777-300ER business class. I am booked on "A" class SIN-SYD as part of RTW trip, and if possible would downgrade to "D" in order to travel on A380 - Would it be possible ? surcharge ?
Old Sep 19, 2007, 8:56 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Uldall
According to Seatcounter booking class (D,Z,C,J) available for business class on A380, which means RTW business ticket (D Class) should be available ? even a surcharge might be required i.e. ref 777-300ER business class. I am booked on "A" class SIN-SYD as part of RTW trip, and if possible would downgrade to "D" in order to travel on A380 - Would it be possible ? surcharge ?
We had an award on SQ C, which was later changed to the 77W, and there were no issues. SQ honor the ticketed reservation (as the flight started in the EU, so would have had a lot of trouble, if they would have not).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.