Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Show status with different FF#?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver

Hello all,

Is it possible to put my Miles&More number on a reservation but also have that reservation show my *A status if the status was earned on UA?
Old Jun 7, 2006, 6:18 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by CJ99
Is it possible to put my Miles&More number on a reservation but also have that reservation show my *A status if the status was earned on UA?
Not really. You can only have one FF# in the booking at a time, but you can show your *A status card for entry to lounges, priority boarding and the like.

The downside is that for upgrades and waitlisting, your M&M may not has as much status as your UA *A.

Aidan
Old Jun 8, 2006, 2:04 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Hello all,

The only program that will allow you to enter 2 *A FF number is SQ's PPS program. When you fly SQ, you can have PPS sectors credited to SQ and miles to be creadited to FFP of your choice. For M&M and MP, you can only enter one FFP#.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 4:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by kkjay77
The only program that will allow you to enter 2 *A FF number is SQ's PPS program. When you fly SQ, you can have PPS sectors credited to SQ and miles to be creadited to FFP of your choice. For M&M and MP, you can only enter one FFP#.
Thats not true. Some (not sure if its all) airlines systems have 2 fields FQTV for mileage earning and FQTS for status. This allows them to recognise status on one FFP even if you are crediting miles to another.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thats not true. Some (not sure if its all) airlines systems have 2 fields FQTV for mileage earning and FQTS for status. This allows them to recognise status on one FFP even if you are crediting miles to another.
Do Swiss and Lufthansa also have this possibility?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Easiest thing to do is use the program with your highest status for reservation, check-in,
lounge access, etc. Then at the gate have them change to the number you wish to
earn mileage on.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Easiest thing to do is use the program with your highest status for reservation, check-in,
lounge access, etc. Then at the gate have them change to the number you wish to
earn mileage on.

I agree with that, BUT

1. They won't see my HON on file when I do this. --> No limo pick-up and no PA at the destination --> No solution for me

2. Sometimes/often the agents have no clue how to change an FT number --> Had recently on my LX flight my US number on file. Wanted to have it replaced with my M&M number. The LX gate agent had no clue how to do that.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
Can't they mark your PNR somehow so that it is picked up by the HON staff even though its not on their list by default? Like flag it or something...I understand this would be a recurring ordeal, but it may work.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
2. Sometimes/often the agents have no clue how to change an FT number --> Had recently on my LX flight my US number on file. Wanted to have it replaced with my M&M number. The LX gate agent had no clue how to do that.
I'd say "sometimes" they have problems, if you have run into difficulties "often", then I think you had back luck. I very often change my FFP right at the gate, I often fly with LX, and I actually never had a problem with it.

The real trouble you will run into is in case of IRROPS, as happened to me only a few days ago. Was flying DUS-ZRH-LCY in Y and the 2nd leg got cancelled due to the weather. I had my lowly blue M&M number in the system to accrue miles, but was sitting in the lounge due to my *G status with KF when the cancellation was announced.

On arrival at the transfer desk I DID manage to go to the C counter, thereby skipping the 30+ pax queue for Y and was looked after very well by the LX CS assistant. She did point out to me that if I changed my FFP to KF in the system, I'd get a better hotel for the night (Hilton instead of Moevenpick) and obviously higher waitlist priority, if that was necessary.

Now, my point being that if you were in the system already as a HON, in the case of IRROPS, they will probably deal with you as one of the first pax to re-arrange travel for you; whereas if you are in the system as a lowly nothing in another FFP, you have to be more proactive and could lose valuable time.

I've since learnt to always book with the highest status, and then change to the FFP that I wish to collect miles with at the gate - as mentioned right at the beginning, I've never really had problems with this approach. It would, however, of course be a lot more convenient if one could enter two FFPs into a booking, one for status, the other for miles collection.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Hello all,

I think it is impossible. Went today to the LH and also to the LX check-in.

Both agents had no clue about entering two different FT numbers
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:28 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Deleted
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
I think it is impossible. Went today to the LH and also to the LX check-in.

Both agents had no clue about entering two different FT numbers
It is possible , but do not work correctly.
Even if gate agent will change the number, and print new boarding pass with correct number the crappy Lufthansa system will credit the miles to M&M account.

On new LH system is very risky to enter M&M number, or attach reservation to M&M profile if you would like to credit the flight to other FFP.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by SPlDER
It is possible , but do not work correctly.
Even if gate agent will change the number, and print new boarding pass with correct number the crappy Lufthansa system will credit the miles to M&M account.

On new LH system is very risky to enter M&M number, or attach reservation to M&M profile if you would like to credit the flight to other FFP.
Do you realise that you've just responded to 6 year old post???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.