Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

RTW - setup in L.A., issue tix in LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW - setup in L.A., issue tix in LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Interesting.

I know that a UK RTW in coach all in is £1500. Now, its so easy with low cost airlines to get to E.Europe, so if the fair is cheaper there, may as well do that. All I need to find out is a Canada travel agent who knows how to do this, along with the cheapest E.European city to start......anyone have any ideas?
Probably easier for you to find a reputable agent in the country of origin (once you have found that!) and go through them seeing as though you are in Europe already.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Try and do yourself a favour and go to Poland or E Europe. I have been told that they are cheaper there. Or, if you really want to save money fly to Toronto and get a charter flight to London (there are 2 airlines doing this out of Gatwick for really silly prices). Once in London just get a Ryanair or easyjet flight to Poland where you can start there. Hostels in Krakow are like £5 a night and its really cheap there anyway (for food and drink).

This may seem a lot of work, but for the price of flying LAX to LHR, you could get to see another country and still save money!!!

Hope it helps.

What are the 2 airlines flying the YYZ-LGW route?
Old Apr 8, 2006, 8:25 am

Location: CGN (Cologne, Germany), travel agent, hardcore Sabre user
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, LH, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AX Centurion
Originally Posted by UA Fan
What are the 2 airlines flying the YYZ-LGW route?
Air Transat (TS) and Zoom Airlines (Z4) - never heard of the latter one!
Old Apr 8, 2006, 10:54 am

Another one is www.canadianaffair.com - not really an airline, their flights between U.K. and Canada are operated by MyTravel and Thomas Cook.

A cheap RTW in eco ex LON is the Great Escapade on SQ/NZ/VS www.thegreatescapade.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.