Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

"Earning miles: Is it worth it?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2006, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond

Article from the _International Herald Tribune_

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/03/...l/trfreq10.php

Basically (but not 100%) correct, although he doesn't say much that most people who read this forum don't already know. Still, it is kind of interesting to see what sort of information is being served up to the general public.

cheers,

Henry
Old Mar 12, 2006, 7:29 pm

may be it's not worthed if you only fly once every 5-10 years.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Which is probably what I had in mind when I forwent the chance to shell out a daunting £3,168, or $5,544, for a round-trip business-class ticket from London to Bangkok with British Airways, or Singapore Airlines, earning miles, to pay £1,332 with Austrian Airlines and settle for a comfortable flight. Period"

Don't understand why he wouldn't have gotten miles with Austrian. I would have expected to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.