Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q: Connecting in LIS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, QF PS, Sixt , Bahn,...
Q: Connecting in LIS

Dear FlyerTalkers,

my Father and I (both LH SEN *G) will connect for FRA-LIS on LH to LIS-FAO on TP next week.
We both are on a flexible C-Ticket (Anti-El-Cheapo!).

The first booking had 45 min Connecting Time in LIS.
Now they changed the flight time so that the legal Connection Time is not met anymore.
We will arrive at 15:15 in LIS.
The flight to FAO will depart at 15:45. As we are on a flexible ticket do you see any chance of getting it? Maybe it is delayed? How is LIS in General?
(I did a 20 min Connection in ZRH last week...)

If we do not make it the next flight is at 21:50.
Is it better to take a car to FAO?
I have never been in LIS so a quick city tour would be an option?

Thanks for your answers.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
If you have checked bags then change the flights - 30 minutes is not enough for your bags to make the connection.

With cabin baggage only then this would be doable ONLY if your LH flight is on time. You simply walk off the plane into the gate area, and then walk to the new gate from there. You do not need to clear security (because you did that in Germany) or immigration. The terminal is small enough to make this manageable.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
If you do take thelater flight, a quick city tour would definitely be an option, as the airport is barely 4 miles from downtown.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, QF PS, Sixt , Bahn,...
We have handluggage only. So we give the connection a try.
If not we have the oportunity to take a quick tour!

Thanks for the quick answer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.