Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Award Co-terminals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2006, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Does a Star Alliance Award have the concept of co-terminals? Is there a list somewhere of permissible co-terminals for a Star Award? Specifically I want to know if MME and NCL are co-terminals.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 2:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
That would depend on the terms of your frequent flyer program whose miles you are using. UA for you?
Old Jan 21, 2006, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks. Yes, UA. Would this question be better posted in the UA forum?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm interested in this as well. Is there a list anywhere? It would be nice if there are a couple cities around North Asia that are pretty close together that I could avoid an open-jaw but still get to see both.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 5:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by glocklt4
I'm interested in this as well. Is there a list anywhere? It would be nice if there are a couple cities around North Asia that are pretty close together that I could avoid an open-jaw but still get to see both.
1) The rules for this sort of thing are defined by the programs, not the alliance. You'll need to figure out the policies based on where your miles are held.

2) It is very rare for airports in different cities to be co-terminals. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.