Wiki Posts
Search

*A Silver Lounge Access?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2005, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Air Chairmans
*A Silver Lounge Access?

i think i know the answer to this question- but wanted to confirm with those wiser than i. am travelling on a business class RTW on *A. inbedded in the ticket is a short SIN-KUL, KUL-SIN (same day). i will be travelling either on Singapore or Malaysian for this, economy class. however, i may have a long wait for the departing flight in KUL. I only have silver *A status. Am I eligable for any lounge dropping?
Old Oct 17, 2005, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Nope - unless someone else who is eligible to bring guests invites you as their guest (or if you have a paid lounge membership eg Priority Pass).

When are you travelling these legs? There may be FTers who can help.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:27 pm

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Nope - unless someone else who is eligible to bring guests invites you as their guest (or if you have a paid lounge membership eg Priority Pass).

When are you travelling these legs? There may be FTers who can help.
I'm in a similar position. *A Silver (aiming for Gold) and travelling from AKL through to LHR, leaving AKL on evening of Nov 19th. I was hoping to use the Air NZ Lounges in AKL and in transit at LAX, but will have to wait til I'm Gold - (if I travel that route during that membership year!)

Can any FTers help?
Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If your travelling on NZ2 AKL to LHR straight through then be aware there may not be enough time to visit lounge in transit even if you do have access. I have been on this flight many times, and my experience in the last few years is it isnt worthwhile even trying - this despite the hole of a secure transit facility that everyone is forced into complete with immigration formalities.

What is the purpose of your visit? I'm in transit. When do you expect to leave? In 2 hours. Yes really.

Sorry - rant over.

The last time I tried using the lounge in transit on this flight I had all of about 5 minutes in the lounge - this despite being one of the first off the plane & knowing exactly where to go, walk fast, etc. Spent hours queuing - at immigration, at customs, at security to get back airside. By the time got to the lounge its time to reboard.

As for AKL, at the moment wont be passing through then so cant help you - sorry.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 3:17 am

Programs: SQ G, Hyatt D, Shangri-La G, Hilton G, Marriott G, IC PrCl G
Originally Posted by meggles
i think i know the answer to this question- but wanted to confirm with those wiser than i. am travelling on a business class RTW on *A. inbedded in the ticket is a short SIN-KUL, KUL-SIN (same day). i will be travelling either on Singapore or Malaysian for this, economy class. however, i may have a long wait for the departing flight in KUL. I only have silver *A status. Am I eligable for any lounge dropping?
Having an ABN-AMRO Platinum / Van Gogh credit card will get you free access to the Plaza Premium Lounge in KUL, HKG and SIN. Is that an option for you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.