Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

RTW Worldwide Price Comparisons 2005 (New fares eff 15APR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW Worldwide Price Comparisons 2005 (New fares eff 15APR)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:26 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Please try again. I re-uploaded the file, as I may have forgotten to switch to binary mode when ftp'ing. Should work now...
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:33 am

Programs: LH Senator
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
Please try again. I re-uploaded the file, as I may have forgotten to switch to binary mode when ftp'ing. Should work now...
Slightly better but the same error message still appears. On the Star alliance sheet there are only #N/A and #VALUE!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:41 am

Apparently learning from my past mistakes isn't one of my stronger points. Anyway, it's been fixed, v1.7.8 is available for download.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:43 am

Programs: LH Senator
Apparently learning from my past mistakes isn't one of my stronger points. Anyway, it's been fixed, v1.7.8 is available for download.

Thank you!!!! I'm very happy now
Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:25 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
v1.7.8 is available for download.
Sorry for pointing this out, but Al B began this thread with the new prices for Oz. Somehow thay didn't get entered (i.e., in 1.7.8 it's still *Australia).

cheers,

Henry
Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:48 am

How careless of me. Fixed & uploaded! Thanks for pointing it out.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Al B
Looks like a fairly decent hike in these as well, but only going from memory on the old ones.
New rates as follows :

TURKEY
Starlite : EUR 1999
Star1 : Y - EUR 2399 . / . J - EUR 5399 . / . F - EUR 8449
Star2 : Y - EUR 2749 . / . J - EUR 6249 . / . F - EUR 9699
Star3 : Y - EUR 3249 . / . J - EUR 7349 . / . F - EUR 11449
may i ask where you got this info from?! i find it hard to believe that they fares went up over 2000 euros...
Old Apr 16, 2005, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by sentom
may i ask where you got this info from?! i find it hard to believe that they fares went up over 2000 euros...
While I don't know where Al B got the prices from, they are unfortunately confirmed by the data I got from thefareguru, who pulled it from a GDS. CAI has seen similar increases in the last few months, so while the increases are huge, they're not unprecedented.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 5:59 am

Programs: QF Silver, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat, Priority Pass
This also means that with CAI gone, there are no more cheap starting points near Europe.
Looks like Sweden is a good option from the UK (although it may still be cheaper to get a cheap fare to Thailand or Sri Lanka and start there )
Old Apr 16, 2005, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sentom
All of mine have come from a CRS - and it looks like wearybiztrvlr is getting the same prices through a seperate source, so I'm probably 90% certain these are correct levels, being from two seperate information sources. Either that or we are both getting the same incorrectly loaded information!

I can in a way understand why Egypt and Turkey have increased hugely. My personal theory is there are 9 :-: carriers in Europe, who are all missing out on increased prorated revenue from RTW's because of the Euro based runners starting their trips in CAI or IST at a far less level than the rest of Europe. (I know CAI is not Europe, but it's close enough in distance to make it an easy option for the runners). They've just raised these two places to a par with the rest of immediate region to stop such practices. Any carrier worth it's salt, particularly in the current difficult operating environment, will act to stop any trickle or leakage of potential revenue turning into a flood.

Last edited by Al B; Apr 16, 2005 at 4:47 pm
Old Apr 16, 2005, 5:37 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Al B
All of mine have come from a CRS - and it looks like wearybiztrvlr is getting the same prices through a seperate source, so I'm probably 90% certain these are correct levels, being from two seperate information sources. Either that or we are both getting the same incorrectly loaded information!
So far, everything looks the same as the list that I received from my contact. When I checked about TURKEY, starting 15 Apr 05, the published rates are in EUR, while from my 2004 list, they were in USD. Thus, a very high jump in the fares.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 6:33 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Thanks to another great effort by thefareguru, I've been able to update prices for Sri Lanka, Tonga, Indonesia, Turkey, Taiwan and UAE. In some cases there are multiple fares loaded in the systems (i.e. the old ones are still present), but I've taken the highest ones as these seem to be most in line with the other data referenced here.

The really bad news is Turkey, where prices have gone up by a huge amount, making ex-IST *A RTWs a thing of the past. This also means that with CAI gone, there are no more cheap starting points near Europe.

I've uploaded version 1.7.7 of the RTW fares spreadsheet with these changes.
Try Sofia or Zagrep SOF / ZAG rates in Euro ! C star1 is around 5260 USD
19APR05**19APR05/LH SOFSOF/NSP;RW
N FARE BASIS OW EUR RT B
1 FRWSTAR3 8199 A
2 FRWSTAR2 6999 A
3 FRWSTAR1 6099 A
4 CRWSTAR3 5399 D
5 CRWSTAR2 4599 D
6 CRWSTAR1 4049 D
7 YRWSTAR3 2799 M
8 YRWSTAR2 2399 M
9 YRWSTAR1 2099 M
0 YRWSPCL 1749 H
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by bertheike
Try Sofia or Zagrep SOF / ZAG rates in Euro ! C star1 is around 5260 USD
That is an excellent find! ^ I see you've only quoted the SOF fares; can you confirm the ZAG fares are the same? I'd much rather go to ZAG than SOF, and besides, reading Cyrillic gives me a headache.

Also thanks to another effort by thefareguru I have added updated fares for Israel, Lebanon, Malaysia, India and Denmark. I'll also update the table from my earlier post with the new data.

The latest version 1.7.10 is available for download.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:47 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
With Croatia Airlines in *A fairly easy to start at ZAG (for europe-based FTers).
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:49 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
WearyBizTrvlr-
Thanks for putting this all together. Your spreadsheet is invaluable! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.