Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A Useful Reference Links

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 3:53 pm

The *A website has been redesigned and it is now divided into different languages; no more regional sites.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:09 am

Programs: United-1P!!!! (WOW!)
Pending member: EgyptAir (MS)
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:07 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
updated RTW rules link to 1 December 2007 version
Old Dec 3, 2007, 5:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

I haven't updated the first few posts for the latest changes and future changes to alliance membership. It is on my to do list. Thanks for your patience.

If anyone has the relevant links can they please post them, or pm/email me? Ta.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I'm flying to WAW on LO (and back from KRK) in May via ORD, and I've been looking for seatmaps for LO which provide more information than what they have on their website. They're not listed on Seatguru, and SeatExpert indicates "coming soon." If anyone has a good link for LO's seat maps, I'd love to see it because (unfortunately) I will be in Y.

Also, may I suggest a separate list of *G Arrivals Lounges?
Old Dec 23, 2007, 6:22 am

Hi, can anyone help where to get rules on star alliance round the world 26k and 29k ex australia. Can it be booked online? thanks
Old Dec 23, 2007, 9:55 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Welcome to Flyer Talk buhari100

Here is a link to *A RTW special economy fare rules (note the fare in the link is ex-NZ, it will be a higher fare ex-Australia).

RTWs cannot be booked online at the moment. You need to book through an airline or travel agent.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:50 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Thanks to glex50, new circle tool added.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 8:52 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
I was reading the rules from this sticky. Just wanted to be absolutely clear - I was reading that the first international segment is not changeable, does anyone know how strict this is being enforced e.g. will they let changing flight time (but still same day) go? Reason I ask is, I am planning a RTW ex-NRT but I prefer not to stay overnight in Tokyo .... but I am concerned if my flight into NRT is delayed/cancelled and missed the first international segment (e.g. from NRT to ICN). Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 9:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Aren't you just a no show then. If in first or business probably okay (subject to next flight not being sold out). May be more of a problem if in economy (or not). YMMV
Old Apr 2, 2008, 3:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

OP updated for TK joining *A and the latest RTW changes.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....09&postcount=4
*A destinations in GR (and getting to rhodes / RHO)

(i searched pdf timetable)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 11, 2008 at 5:12 pm
Old May 1, 2008, 2:13 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
There seems to be a range of redemption amounts for award travel among the different *A airlines. I have been searching now for almost an hour (I've been on the phone with US for over two trying to find an award flight), so please forgive me if this is somewhere and I just couldn't find it: Is there a thread that discusses which airline in *A has the best redemption rates for *A award travel?
Old May 1, 2008, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b8b
There seems to be a range of redemption amounts for award travel among the different *A airlines. I have been searching now for almost an hour (I've been on the phone with US for over two trying to find an award flight), so please forgive me if this is somewhere and I just couldn't find it: Is there a thread that discusses which airline in *A has the best redemption rates for *A award travel?
IIRC HagbardViking has an award comparison chart across (some) *A FFPs [is there a link in the OP?]. However, it usually isn't that simple as each FFP has it's own rules about routing (what is allowed on one FFP may not be on another), some FFPs are zone based while others mileage based, some discriminate by airline, some have regular specials, some (eg UA MP) have much less availability (no good having cheap awards if you can hardly redeem), etc.
Old May 2, 2008, 2:41 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Updated for WearyBizTrvlr's latest RTW price spreadsheet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.