Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Choices in First (AC, LH, SAS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2004, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Location: MSP - UA 1k, NW Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver

Anybody have experience on the above in First Class? I have my choices of Air Canada, Lufthansa, or SAS from ORD to NRT on an award ticket. If I fly LH I can transfer in Munich or Frankfurt - is one significantly better than the other?

Thanks for any tips,
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:53 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Actually SAS and AC have no F class, so if you're looking for First class, it'll be LH only.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 10:54 pm
Patron

Neither AC nor SK offers a First Class Cabin.

Old Apr 20, 2004, 12:40 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Even with LH, some routes now offer 2-class service only. AFAIK MUC-NRT is only CY, therefore if you want LH F all the way, you should fly ORD-FRA-NRT.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 4:56 am

Presumably, if you're using an award ticket, you can mix carriers. Is there a reason that you're restricted to AC, SK and LH?

If not, the best would be

ORD-FRA (LH F) then FRA-NRT (NH F).

On the return, you can either return with the same routing, or you can try NRT-SIN-FRA (SQ F) and FRA-ORD (LH F), to try SQ as well (Though finding availability will be a challenge, to say the least).

NH and SQ are both extremely good products in F, so given the opportunity, you'd be missing out if you didn't try them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.