Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Which *A Program Grants *G In The Fewest Segments?

Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:32 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Have been *G through various FF programs over the years. I find it to be a great status to keep in some form or fashion.

I lost it last year and currently am a *S on UA via Marriott.

Before the wheels came off in 2020 I planned on going back to UA Mileage Plus to at least get *G. This would have been simple as I just needed to adjust my typical weekly business flying.

Obviously, things have come apart completely in 2020, but I still am thinking about what it would take to earn *G.

Yes, UA cut their earn rate, but right now flying domestically can be done so cheaply it would be quite a pain to rack up the required PQP even with some last minute business trips through 2020.

This got me thinking, with UA selling trips that get the per segment cost down to as low as ~15USD what *A program lets you earn status on segments still? Preferably, without a X number of flights on their metal.

Not worried about RDM, customer service, etc.

Just which *A program will let you earn *G via segments, and ideally the fewest.

Thanks as always!
Old Aug 10, 2020, 3:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Just which *A program will let you earn *G via segments, and ideally the fewest.
Shebamiles gives you *G after 40 segments. These segments don't need to be on Ethiopian, every *A flight which earns something in Shebamiles counts. With UA, booking classes as low as K are eligible.

Disclaimer: A minute ago, the Shebamiles web site was down for me. Please verify my claims; I'm not sure I'm 100% up to date.
Santander likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.