Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance status match from BA Gold/GGL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL

Anyone had any joy recently matching from BA Gold/GGL to a Star Alliance member airline? I have matched with UA within the past 5 years so they won't repeat the deal unfortunately.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
This thread was originally posted on BA forum, however, because it is more about Star Alliance than BA, it has been moved to this forum section.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Actually I wanted to hear the experience of other users of the BA Forum in getting status matches on Star Alliance so I would question the need to move the thread?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:02 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
SQ matched me a few weeks ago as GGL - but I do have quite a lot of Asia travel booked (albeit none currently with SQ).

M
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
SQ matched me a few weeks ago as GGL - but I do have quite a lot of Asia travel booked (albeit none currently with SQ).

M
Thanks. Do you have the email address you wrote to as I can't seem to find a suitable one?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Typically TK is the go to for *A, but I do believe they require some segments on TK metal these days for the match to stick after a trial period. There is a long running thread in the TK forum for it:
TK status match (2017 onwards)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Thanks. Do you have the email address you wrote to as I can't seem to find a suitable one?
I did it by phone, as was previously Gold, then dropped to Silver, was given Silver for another year, and this year called up and asked to be made Gold again.

It was surprisingly easy.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.