Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

CX/NZ codeshare - where to post points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold

Hi all,
I am trying to figure out the best place for some points accrued on the Codeshare CX flight, HKG-AKL. A CX flight number (CX5853 or sim) but on NZ metal. Ideally I would put this to KrisFlyer, but not sure if this is possible?
was sold as a ticket: WUH-HKG-AKL...(WUH-HKG was a codeshare on Dragon so has credited to BA, but not the HKG-AKL sector).
staddling OW and *A makes this a little confusing on which alliance let alone with FF!
Any suggestions on where to send them?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
https://www.wheretocredit.com/ will show you what the fares will be worth on different programs
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
unfortunately that website doesn't distinguish between codeshares and metal. I need guidance on where this flight will actually be allowed to credit, as imagine it is likely limited
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:06 am

In order to credit it at "maximum benefit" you should figure out the underlying NZ booking class. That said, unless it's a very cheap economy fare it'll give you something in Krisflyer.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With Star Alliance earning is based on the operators fare class, if eligible. That may not be same as the marketing airlines fare class
With OneWorld alliance earning is based on the marketing fare class, if operator is eligible.
That HKG AKL codeshare may only able to be credited to CX Asia miles or NZ airpoints ffp. Codeshare can be problematic
zeer0 likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:14 am

What is your booking code under the CX booking? It is very hard to find out what the NZ underlying booking class is (tried many times in the past but was to no avail), so the only way is to take an educated guess.

Anything less than a NZ's "T" will not credit to SQ. I think it is pretty high up on the CX class scale.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
That HKG AKL codeshare may only able to be credited to CX Asia miles or NZ airpoints ffp. Codeshare can be problematic
As an NZ operated flight, it should be creditable throughout *A. *A looks only at operating carrier; codeshare is not relevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.